Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: new pains everyday! i cant stop googling  (Read 209 times)

Offline momoftwo1119

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
new pains everyday! i cant stop googling
« on: December 04, 2013, 10:02:24 PM »
I lost a son in 2010 ,never had any type of anxiety until i had my daughter in 2011. I always thought something was wrong with her, yook her in all the time but after a years things were looking better and i was going back to my normal self. Well i just had my second daughter 2 months ago and my anxiety is so bad i cant do anything. I google every ache and pain i have i know i shouldnt. But im in so much pain every day my back and neck are just awful due to stress, posture, and ecerything else. I have chest pains, headaches, dizzy, tunel vision at times. Its awful and its stopping me from being active and doing fun things with my kids i just want it to stop. My doc tried to put me on zoloft but i had so much anxiety  About taking it i would get two days into it and panic so much i couldnt take it anymore so now im going to try celexa and see if that works she said she may have to add in buspar (sp) anyone have any luck with these? I feel like something is wrong with me and just want a MRI and everything to reassure me im ok. Ugh ... this stinks im only 25 and want my energy back!
Bookmark and Share

Offline moeranda

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new pains everyday! i cant stop googling
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:55:00 AM »
I have some of the same problems as you currently. My anxiety is leading me to have low energy and every little pain is a giant deal in my head. The only thing I can equate it too is being sick with worry. I never realized how accurate that statement was before. I'm also twenty-five but try to stay as far away from google as possible if I can. This is new issue for me so I wish I could be of more help to you but I recommend you tell your doctor everything about how you are feeling and your health anxieties. Hopefully he can then better explain to you what you should and shouldn't worry about and why you should or shouldn't worry about it that can help you rationalize your fears later.

Hope I was some help at least. You should also have a look at a bookmarked thread that is called "This list is a lifesaver" here on the forum (if you haven't already) It sounds like all of your symptoms are on the list as well that can be caused by anxiety. Hopefully, the list can help you after you talk to your doctor. Here is the link to that thread: http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,73134.0.html 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Andrea24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 08:23:35 AM »
Hi there!  I am going through a similar situation.  Everyday something new seems to hurt or otherwise feel weird.  I  have been to so many doctors now that simply making doctors appointments causes me anxiety and increases my depression.  I'm 27 and I want to have a normal life again.  It's so isolating to feel that your peers and happy and healthy without trying but you are struggling so hard just to stay above water.  Hang in there! I'm on day 17 of Prozac and the side effects are bad, but Im committed to seeing this through and feeling better.   
Bookmark and Share
~I have found intelligence and success to be hazardous~

Offline leah2013

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 02:38:54 PM »
i know what you are feeling. My son was born 15 months ago and i always think there is something wrong with him. i obsessed about milestones, etc. There is also always something wrong with me. I am tired of feeling sick. I have IBS, bladder issues, headaches, neck and shoulder tension, backache. I am so sick and tired of this. yes I am SICK with WORRY. I started Zoloft (sertraline) 5 days ago and my anxiety is thru the roof.... I am sick and tired of going to the doctors. Also my mother in law is very sick with cancer... we are just having a terrible year. BUT I have to try to be positive. This pill will help me. It's rough now but it will get better. I pray to God that my anxiety issues get better!!!
Good luck to you. I truly know what you are going thru!
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 02:43:02 PM »
Also, talk to your doctor and be honest. If you want an MRI and have symptoms you should get one. I just had one a few weeks ago because I was having and still having daily headaches for 2 months. The neurologist told me the headaches are due to stress and tension in neck and shoulders BUT I demanded an MRI anyway. He consented and said he was doing it for me! thank God itw as all clear.
Talk to your doctor and ask for one. It will make you feel better.
also stick to the meds. The first couple of weeks could be very hard, like what i am going thru right now, but it will get better!!!!!!!!!! hang in there! I know the feeling. We should be enjoying our LO's and instead with are sick with worry and fear. But it will get better!!!!!!!! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline burgundyplace

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 08:40:07 AM »
I am so sorry that you are going through all this. I too experience many bodily symptoms that I think can be just ignored by a non-hypochondriac.

How I envy them!

Just try not to Google stuff. Trust me, my HA went down greatly when I decided to stop Googling. Of course, there are times when I Google but I realize it does more harm than good!
Bookmark and Share

Offline japheree

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 08:44:36 AM »
Aches and pains are par for the course with anxiety and HA makes us hyper aware of them! As a practical measure against googling I would recommend trying to set up a browser blocker and adding in as many medical sites as you can. I have mine set to re-direct to pictures of cute animals when I get tempted! I know it sounds silly but it works and it is a useful thing to have because no reassurance will ever come from google. You will always find symptoms that match yours and illnesses that are related to it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline momoftwo1119

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 09:54:59 AM »
Thank you for your replies. Today i have a dentist apt ive put off for almost a year and now my toorh is half decayed and hurts like heck. Im already having anxiety about. I fear when i get there im going to have an attack. Do any of you have any advise to keep calm? I keep thinking since i think something is already wrong with me that when they pull my tooth something is going to happen, but ive had three teeth at one time pulled before i just cant seem to get passed this anxiety! I almost want to cancel the apt until i can find someone to go with me and keep me occupied but then i have to wait another month :(  this is so hard to live with.
Bookmark and Share