Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Horrible week... Please help  (Read 160 times)

Offline sam205

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Horrible week... Please help
« on: December 04, 2013, 08:59:52 PM »
Well this all started last saturday november 30. I had a pain on my right side, where my ribs arm and i usually ignore it. Since i was born with bad lungs im used to random pains around my chest unless its unbearable. Well i then couldnt inhale or felt like i could and i thought i was having an asthma attack and thought i was gonna die so i went to the hospital and they did and x-ray and ekg and everything was normal. And i kept researching untill i figured out its most likely anxiety. I have had constand feeling of chest tightness and random pains whether it be aches or sharp pains and i went to my doctor again and she said it could be heart related since its hard ot tell with just ekgs and xrays and made an appointment with a cariologist next friday. I feel i cant wait that long. I have constant feelings of tighness in my chest and as f i cant get a good bretah even though i am. I end up yawn or taking deep breaths often which i think leads to me hyper ventalation. Is there anything i can do to stop this feelings of shortness of breath constantly for about  5 days and random pains around my chest. I already tried that method of diaphramic breathing and pursed lips and also the breath for 5 seconds hold and exhale for 7 and that bring relif for about 10 seconds and it comes back. I also had heart burn a few times but i dont know what to do. This was the first time anything like this has happened and when i law down for sleep i really stay awake iuntill 4 am cause i feel i cant breath when i lay down.
Ive been getting about 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night cause i stay up scared that it could be other things. I never had a feeling this long and this annoying in my life or that i can remeber. Anything i can do to completly get rid of this chest tighness and feeling of not being about to take a good breath because its been constant for 5 days no relief besides sleep. Ive also lost 3 pounds in this week since i havent been eating as much as i usually do cause i dont feel that hungry.
Thank you so much and im 14 years old and a male.
5'9 and 143 pounds if that helps.
5'9 143 pounds 
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Horrible week... Please help
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 01:44:01 PM »
Sam,

I am very sorry to hear you are going through all this.  This sounds like a muscular skeletal problem and the deep breathing may be allowing you to relax your muscles for a little bit.  I would keep working on the breathing.   Have you tried talking to your parents about what you are experiencing?  I think it best that you share the information about the pain and the fears with them.  Let them know what is going on so they can figure out if you need to go see the doctor. 

I will tell you that chest tightness and rib pain are very common symptoms of anxiety, and I have dealt with them off and on for 8 years.  The breathing exercises do help me to relax a bit and calm the muscles.   The main thing I have learned is that I can not force the symptoms to stop.  At a point you can have the problems checked out and rule things out but then from there you have to accept that you are okay.  Acceptance if the best way to handle these kind of symptoms.  However first talk to your parents and see if they can help and if they think you should have it checked.  There is no reason to suffer alone.

Hope this helps and that you feel better.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline sam205

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Horrible week... Please help
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 04:20:47 PM »
Yeah my parents have been helping me get through this. Also ive already went to the emergency room and they did and chest xray and ekg and everything was normal. Then i went to my pesonal doctor and said my lungs and heart sound fine but i need to go see a cardiologist and if he says im fine then it can be ruled out as anxiety but its been constant for 6 days and i wonder is anxiety like that. Like nonstop chest tightness and feeling like i cant get a good breath?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: