Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Meds  (Read 156 times)

Offline Faust

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Meds
« on: December 04, 2013, 02:37:33 PM »
I have been experiencing chronic, severe anxiety for the past two weeks.  My anxiety gets so bad that I won't eat because of the constant nauseous feeling.  I have barely been eating for two weeks now.

I saw a doctor who put me on Ativan (LoraZepam) and it made my depression worsen.  I tried to take it for a week but eventually stopped.  When I was younger, I was put on Prozac, which was okay, but my anxiety is the worst it has even been. 

Can anyone recommend a medication that isn't too expensive?  I don't have insurance for prescriptions and I'm on a tight budget.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Meds
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 05:43:21 AM »
None of us are doctors. It would be wrong to tell you to take anything. Medication that works for me, might not work for you. That is how medication goes. I could name a few that work great for me. They could be useless to you. It is all about trial and error. As none of us are experts in any medical field it would wrong to suggest any types of medication to you. That is not the whole idea of the forum.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline laineymom

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Meds
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 08:33:07 AM »
If you feel like you need something more like Prozac (because Ativan isn't a long term solution on its own due to the fact that there are risks of dependancy) , go back (or even just call)  your doctor and ask for something and make sure she/he knows you are on a budget.

I was experiencing the exact same thing a few weeks back. Heightened daily anxiety and panic with nausea and was unable to eat much either. It feels horrible. I went to the doc and got on something and after letting it do its thing for 3 weeks (I stuck with it, even though it was hard), I feel much, much better and you can too.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: