Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Crippled by my HA- female issues  (Read 986 times)

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Crippled by my HA- female issues
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 05:54:27 AM »
Thank you.. That helps.

I'm trying to blame my HA for my feelings on this but something still doesn't feel right. I guess I wonder why it was even necessary to tell me that my cervix has a pin-hole opening. I sort of feel like it was her way of getting it out there that the whole area was thickened but because she knew how anxious I was, said it could be from never giving birth.
Sometimes I feel like they with hold information to people like us to keep us from freaking out until the tests come back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 07:41:01 AM »
Hi there,
I just want to add that - because I am going through major anxiety about being afraid of having uterine cancer - I have been googling and found that women who have never given birth vaginally can have a very closed cervix. Perhaps that's why yours is a "pin hole."
Also, my 91 year old father did not go to a doctor, dentist, eye doctor, or any kind of medical person for the three years my mother was ill. After she passed, I made all these medical appointments for him, sure that at his age, he must have something wrong with him since he hadn't been to a doctor in 3 years. It turned out he was fine - his eyesight is better than mine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 10:12:03 AM »
You are a stronger woman than me if you can google! I have to keep to searching boards like this one to keep from freaking myself out ;-)

I know she mentioned that no vaginal births can cause a closed cervix but are you saying that you are finding that it is a symptom of the c word??
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 11:35:25 AM »
I don't think she meant it as a symptom. Just that it was something she came across while researching. That is definitely not a symptom I have heard of, and I have googled cervical c thoroughly over months after having an abnormal pap.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 12:34:37 PM »
Thank you Stephtronic.. Your replies have been helping me deal with this nightmare...

I did some "selective" googling and see that a closed cervix is pretty normal for woman my age and even more so because I have never had a vaginal birth so I'm feeling better about that part anyway.

I'm trying so hard to let this go but I don't believe I have ever had this kind of intense fear my entire life. I've lost 5 lbs in about a week from not eating.. I'm not getting any work done and my house is a wreck because I just can't focus on anything.. Poor hubby says he's getting worried about me. The one thing that I keep focusing on is that before my Dr did the pap, she told me that the urine of someone with CC normally has cells in it and smells horrible and that mine was perfect.. A silver lining I suppose.

The biggest reason I am so fearful is ONLY because I have neglected to have a pap in SO long.. The Dr told me that newest guidelines are actually 3-5 years which helped with my anxiety but you can bet that she will see my face every single year after this nightmare!

I have no clue how I will get through the next few days and I don't even want to THINK about answering the phone on Monday but I guess I have no other choice than to endure this hell...
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 03:54:39 PM »
How long exactly has it been since your last pap? The new guidelines do say that you only need one every 3-5 years, especially if you've never had any issues prior. No matter what, cc is generally slow growing, which is why paps are so effective. Most cases are found in people who have NEVER had a pap before or haven't had one in the past 10 or more years. Even people who have had multiple abnormal paps often do not actually get anything.

Think about it this way: I had a pap that told me outright that I definitely had LSIL. I definitely had something going on. I never did anything about it... never got followup. I regret it now only because of how much fear and terror it ended up causing me the next year when it was time for my next pap, and I suddenly remembered that I had gone an entire year (or maybe even more because we don't know how long I was LSIL) without doing anything, BUT it ended up being perfectly fine for me anyways even though I had abnormal changes the previous year! This year's was normal! So, I guess what I'm saying is that I even had abnormalities for sure and ended up alright, so there is a huge chance that everything will be fine for you as well!  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 11:20:42 PM »
I can't definitely say how long it's been but a good estimate would be 5-7 years. I never heard anything back from my last pap so I just assumed it was normal.

I'm curious, have you ever heard about what I mentioned earlier on.. She said I had a vessel in my cervix that is sort of like a cyst that forms over what produces our mucus plug during pregnancy. She gave it a name but I can't remember. ( I keep wanting to say Bartholin cyst but not sure). I did ask if anything needed to be done about it and she didn't seem to think so. She said a lot of times, woman will have paps with their GPs and the Dr doesn't know what it is so they send them over to her. I felt like she was vague in calming my fears about it though...any thoughts?

Thanks again for being so helpful.. I'm about to jump out of my skin!
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 12:31:03 AM »
Nabothian cyst, probably! Those are cysts you get on your cervix. Bartholin's cysts are found on either side of the vulva where the Bartholin's glands are located. Anyways, nabothian cysts form when mucus glands on your cervix get plugged. They're completely benign, totally normal (I have had one), and they go away on their own. Not a big deal at all!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 08:33:42 AM »
I'm 42 and I'm most likely in early peri. Go to doctor and get your hormones checked. Make sure they do a full thyroid not just tsh and your progesterone. Right before I ovulate my HA gets very bad. I saw a great nurse practitioner who thinks my body isn't making enough progesterone and I'm getting tested for it monday. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 13
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 11:03:03 AM »
Gem, definitely Nabothian Cyst.
This was one of my issues I had when I went for mine last year that was pushing me over the edge! I didn't go into detail in my other post to put ideas into your mind to worry about! :spineyes:
But I could feel them on my cervix! I knew what I thought they were, but in our minds, we go to the what if it's not... Sure enough, she told me you have Nabothian's cysts and I questioned her about them- nothing to worry about! They don't change or turn into anything else. Sometimes they shrink or go away, sometimes not. Totally benign.
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 12:28:45 PM »
I wish my Dr was more like yours. She started off calling mine a "blood vessel" the one that produces our mucus plug during pregnancy. That mine had a "pearly" appearance.. Something about a cyst. I had to ask her if anything needed to be done about it and she kind of looked away, said "no" and sort of left it at that. It would have been great to hear " common, benign and nothing to worry about". Leaves me wondering if its even a Nabothian cyst at all..she did give it a name but I just can't recall..

One can understand how I felt she was being vague. She knew how anxious I was- even gave me an RX for Xanax..so you'd think she'd have been more reassuring like your Dr was. I really liked her.. This is the only part of the visit that made me take pause.

Lara71- they took blood for both FSH and thyroid. She said based on my mother starting peri at 43 and my symptoms that its highly likely but wanted to rule out thyroid issues since they can have a lot of the same symptoms. Still waiting on those to come back also.

This waiting is a LIVING NIGHTMARE....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2014, 01:58:41 PM »
I'm so sorry to be a pest but I literally don't know what to do with myself .. I'm convinced that I'm getting bad news tomorrow and I don't know how I will handle it. I've been sleeping as much as humanly possible and I can't eat.
I'm tempted to google cervical cancer symptoms but afraid I will have to be admitted to the psych ward! The only things I have going on are a few wonky periods and a clear discharge that could be from the BV not going away but I've heard that CC doesn't necessarily have defining symptoms.

I also can't seem to get the Drs demeanor out of my head.. I feel like her attitude changed after she did the pap and that she couldn't look me in the eye not to mention the lack of reassurance even knowing how anxious I was.

Somebody please help me through this.. :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: