Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can't sleep trouble breathing  (Read 454 times)

Offline Arnatuille

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can't sleep trouble breathing
« on: December 04, 2013, 05:11:15 AM »
I had a panic attack in the middle of the night five weeks ago. The first week after i had pains in my chest and went to see the doctor and had blood and heart tests done and it was all good. Over the last two weeks my breathing is strange. It feels like i can't get enough oxygen and i am frightened to go sleep. I just would like to know if anyone else has struggled with this and good help me out.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can't sleep trouble breathing
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:31:54 AM »
With anxiety your breathing can be all over the place. If something hits you. It more or less sinks into your subconscious mind. I think that is what happened with you and your breathing and going to sleep at night. You have paired them both together. As if one will make the other happen. Just the same as anybody else can pair anxiety with anything else. If you go on to you tube and write in breathing exercises you find loads of videos about how to breathe in the correct way. With anxiety we tend to clutch at the air. Mouth open wide. This is wrong. That only makes the breathing worse. So we have to learn how to do it right. In through the nose and out through the mouth. It is something you can get over. It may take a bit of time and a bit of learning. May even take time to believe in yourself. That you can really do it. Put a radio on at night. To stop your mind thinking inwardly. I am sure things will improve for you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline 123anxious123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 01:36:48 PM »
This has happened to me before as well!!!  I think it is the scariest thing, but for me it was completely stress related.   I took a Xanax and that really helped me.    I only take about 4 of those a year (cut in half) - they help when I can't seem to get to sleep.  Once I slept well that first night and I knew it was because of anxiety I was fine after. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline phuzella

• Just Joined!
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 02:01:32 PM »
I totally agree with having the radio on at night, nice bit of classical, very soothing.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: