Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Gad?ocd?psycosis? Help  (Read 299 times)

Offline Ocd-sucks

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Gad?ocd?psycosis? Help
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:30:46 AM »
I have been seeing a therapist for almost 2months now and two different psychiatrists. I was diagnosed with gad and ocd. I don't have compulsions but intrusive thoughts. It started with a horrible thought of me killing a dog. Any object became a murder weapon that would freak me out. My dog is my life n the thoughts made me so guilty. Cutting food with a knife would freak me out just the thought of holding a knife cuz what if I lose control and stab my dog. What if thoughts are always there. I for hear voices and I don't see things. But I started questioning my reality always checking if I'm hallucinating. Any sound I hear I think am I imagining or is this sound real n it's always real cuz others hear it too. But I'm always questioning my sanity. Recently my thoughts are what if I am becoming schitzofrenic and start seeing devils in humans and cats or dogs or anything. So I try to stare my dogs in the eyes to see if I will see anything paranormal. There are these cats I feed at work and I get the thoughts what if I start believing the cats are possesed by a devil. The fact that I can have such an insane thought freaks me out. I love these cats. Feed them daily but I keep getting flash backs of the thought and it annoys me so much. Why do I have to question my sanity. Am I misdiagnosed and have some serious psychotic issue. I always have these thoughts of I'm going crazy I'm going insane. What if I start hearing voices and seeing things. Please help. I also research all day long to see what's wrong with me
Bookmark and Share

Offline eduk8or

• Rec's: 11
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gad?ocd?psycosis? Help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 07:42:12 AM »
If you're insane, then I am too cuz I have the same type of thoughts that you do.  I am also diagnosed with OCD and GAD. Harming thoughts and fear of going crazy are very classic OCD thoughts. There are several good books out there on OCD that will make you feel not so alone in this.  I would check out amazon.com for some titles and read the reviews from people.  If you don't want to spend the money, you can get some titles and then see if the public library has them.  One that I find really useful is the OCD workbook.  It helps you work through your thoughts and not let them bother you so much.  I don't know if the thoughts ever fully go away, but if you take the fear out of them and learn to accept them as "just thoughts", they lose their power over you.  Just know you are not alone and I completely understand where you are coming from!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Morg888

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 12:51:19 AM »
I am new to this board, and I really need to let you know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I was just diagnosed last night actually as having GAD and OCD. I have a 12 week old baby and I have been so scared to be with her because I'm afraid I'll develop Postpartum Psychosis. (In the middle of a panic attack I looked up stories and symptoms and it sent me off the wall with fear). I also have those scary intrusive thoughts that paralyze me. They used to be about powertools, knives, etc. (in my teenage years) but ever since I read those scary stories, I have intrusive thoughts of "what if I start seeing demons, animals, things not there, what if I start believing inanimate objects are moving, what if I start hearing voices or thinking things are talking to me.." I was so scared of thinking "what if I thought my baby was possessed" that I couldn't even look at her or hold her for almost a week because I was so scared that I might think those things and believe them. Any scary psychosis symptom, you name it, I have an irrational, scary thought about it.

But, we have to remember that these poor people who really do suffer psychosis and schizophrenia don't question their thoughts. They ACTUALLY see things not there and more often ACTUALLY hear voices, not their own, talking to them and believe it's true, not fearing what is happening but accepting it as reality. We don't. WE FEAR.

My doctor started me on Zoloft 100 mg about three weeks ago and it seems to slowly be helping. Have you considered maybe talking to your doctor about taking medication? I've never been a huge med person, refusing to even take Tylenol after needing a lot of stitching after delivery, but I can tell you this is slowly helping me get better. I am also starting to see a psychologist who is a very sweet lady and we are going to begin Cognitive Behavioral Therapy at my next visit. One very helpful thing she taught me was to not dwell on thoughts and not try to fight it. Instead, when a thought comes, I say "Oh, that was a silly thought" or "Oh, that was the OCD/Anxiety" talking. And to remind myself frequently that I am a good mother who loves my child and would never harm her, that's why I worry so much. Maybe your mantra could be "Oh, that was a silly thought." and then to remind yourself of what a good person you are. Also, eduk8or, I never really thought about getting a workbook. What a good idea!! Thank you for the suggestion.

Please, if you ever want to talk or just get a thought off of your chest, feel free to PM me. My loving husband told me this the other day and it helps me so much. "If you were going crazy, you wouldn't be questioning your sanity."  Please try to remember that, and STAY STRONG. This too shall pass.

Have a good evening.

Morgan
Bookmark and Share

Offline nancyga13

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 07:08:36 AM »
thank you for posting I was actually scared to post anything like that because I was scared people here would say I need help.. but I got GAD and OCD and I got into a severe bout of anxiety that has been going on over a month now. On some medications but I started having the thought of what if I kill my dog or harm someone I love and even had mental images of it. And then I thought why would I do that when I love my dog and the people around me. Sometimes I found myself not wanting to be close to my dog in case I just snap or lose it. But I been reminding myself I have had thoughts like this in the past. I thank you so much for posting I know how terrible it is to feel these things.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: GAD OCD psychosis Paranoia