Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Question about heart rate  (Read 242 times)

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
Question about heart rate
« on: December 03, 2013, 12:56:25 AM »
My heart rate, when resting, during the day is in the 70's and at night its in the high 60's and when laying down before bed it can be in the low 60's, high 50's.. But during the day, or after at eat, and when I am standing.. My heart rate is anywhere from 86-98 bpm.. is this normal? My mother has a high abnormal heart rate, and shes healthy, so is there a genetic factor? My heart rate use to be in the high 70's when standing.. I know anxiety can make a person have a high heart rate, but this has been going on for almost a year, and is the case weather I am anxious or not, happy or sad it doesn't matter.. Doctors have run countless tests, and say my heart is fine.. I just want to know why my hr is so high compared to others.. It has been causing a lot of stress for me.. I always feel like I am going to have a panic attack because of it.. I just think.. what if it just shoots up to 190 and, like when I am at work, and I get trapped and die of a heart attack.. I just wish I could get a beta blocker and have a normal heart rate when standing.. It just sucks, and its unfair. I have had to make a few life changes because of it. I feel like I am living life like a person who has heart disease.. Anyone experience cardio fears and heart rate obsessions?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Copgrl8

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question about heart rate
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 01:59:27 AM »
My heart rate, when resting, during the day is in the 70's and at night its in the high 60's and when laying down before bed it can be in the low 60's, high 50's.. But during the day, or after at eat, and when I am standing.. My heart rate is anywhere from 86-98 bpm.. is this normal? My mother has a high abnormal heart rate, and shes healthy, so is there a genetic factor? My heart rate use to be in the high 70's when standing.. I know anxiety can make a person have a high heart rate, but this has been going on for almost a year, and is the case weather I am anxious or not, happy or sad it doesn't matter.. Doctors have run countless tests, and say my heart is fine.. I just want to know why my hr is so high compared to others.. It has been causing a lot of stress for me.. I always feel like I am going to have a panic attack because of it.. I just think.. what if it just shoots up to 190 and, like when I am at work, and I get trapped and die of a heart attack.. I just wish I could get a beta blocker and have a normal heart rate when standing.. It just sucks, and its unfair. I have had to make a few life changes because of it. I feel like I am living life like a person who has heart disease.. Anyone experience cardio fears and heart rate obsessions?

I honestly don't think your heart rate is high.  Normal is between 60-100   .... Your right where you should be.

I can relate to cardio fears though ... That's fear!  Every single twinge or pain I feel I am convinced I am having a heart attack despite having test done showing my heart is fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline aardvark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 04:49:00 AM »
Yes, your heart rate sounds normal. Most people have a resting heart rate of between 60bpm and 90bpm, with anything below 50bpm being considered bradycardic and anything over 100bpm being tachycardic. Your heart could not accelerate to 190bpm without extreme exercise (and even then, probably not at all depending on your age) unless you were suffering from supraventricular or ventricular tachycardia. Both can normally be controlled by drugs and the latter is extremely unlikely unless you have previously suffered a heart attack.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 01:06:50 AM »
Its just strange that it started happening out of no where.. I was never worried about my heart in the beginning.. It just started out of blue.. Its not a panic attack either.. It literally just beat normal when standing one day (78-80) then the next day it was 88-98 when standing.. no matter what. It was the initiater of my health anxiety. Prior to this I would say I never worried much about my health.. This was what has got the ball rolling. I just cant accept that its normal when my girlfriend for example has a heart rate when standing of like 72...... wtf? and I am over here at 95... I dont smoke, I am not overweight, I eat healthy, and hike 7 miles a day, or swim laps, or do cardio.. although working out does seem to exacerbate my symptoms .. but I really dont care since I wont allow myself to become deconditioned. again.. resting like right now at 10pm, my heart rate is 61..  I just wish my heart could go back to normal when standing moving around.. It doesn't even scare me its just sad I have had to make life changes and not do certain things because of it.. Especially when doctors have no idea..
Bookmark and Share

Offline aardvark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 04:56:04 AM »
Your heart isn't designed to beat at the same rate when you're moving or exercising: if it did, you'd lose consciousness. It pumps harder and faster when it needs to and slower and softer when you're relaxing. From what you've described, you quite clearly do not have tachycardia or any other kind of arrhythmia.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Boo89

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 09:10:39 AM »
That sounds normal. I'm a heart worrier too and carry a 02 and pulse ox with me wherever I go (yup I'm a bit nutty with the health fears). When I'm at rest I'm like you - low 60s/high 50s but as soon as I get up it can rise  up to 80/90s. I used to be worried but I think its all just anxiety. When I'm sitting/lying down I feel "safe" but moving disturbs that so I kinda think I always am anxious of having to get up/move/relocate.

With the winter & cold season its gotten worse so now my heart rate is in the 60s/70s more than the low 60s/50s. Figure its bc Im scared to get sick lol. But trust your doctors - if you have seen a few and everyone says your ok then you have a healthy heart. I know its hard to trust them but we have to try.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxious_brit

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 10:58:32 AM »
When you get up and move around you aren't in resting heart rate anymore. They say check resting heart rate after sitting down for 5 minutes. It's going to climb higher when your standing and even walking around in your home will make it go higher.
Bookmark and Share
"The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live"

www.FindingHappy.org

Offline uno76

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »
Hey your heart rate is perfectly normal,as everyone else has said. You'd probably freak with my heart rate when I am dealing with anxiety. Mine is like 115 easily just moving around or walking. I do have a beta blocker for it,only when I am anxious. It only has these high heart rates when I have been stressed. I hate it but my doctors tell me all is fine with my heart. You are actually in the normal zone for sure. You should have no worries,but also comparing your rate to others is not really good because it depends on what you've done that day...had to drink,eat etc. Your heart is fine..under 100 is normal.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: