Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Smelled burnt toast?? Any help would be appreciated.  (Read 172 times)

Offline elkulioso

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Smelled burnt toast?? Any help would be appreciated.
« on: December 02, 2013, 07:13:35 PM »
Just wondering if anybody else has had these symptoms before. I think it will make me feel better. I was driving in the car after working out at the gym. I all of a sudden got stopped at a light and all of a sudden I got a strong whif of what appeared to be burned toast! It scared the crap out of me! Then I had a full on anxiety attack. I have heard burnt toast being linked to stroke! So I rolled the window down and could smell regular road smells, and thought it was ok. But then of course because of the anxiety I continued to think about it and I couldn't stop. I drove further and further because I didn't know what to do so I didn't want to get out of the car and I started to smell it again. Once I calmed myself down about 20 minutes later the smell stopped. My immediate thought was, ok it's probably from the anxiety but WHY COULD I ACTUALLY SMELL TOAST!?

Basically what my question is, is can an anxiety attack actually make you smell something that isn't around? Any help would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Online BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Smelled burnt toast?? Any help would be appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 10:36:35 PM »
Hello elkulioso,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Elk, I have not experienced the burnt toast smell, and have not heard of that being associated with stroke before.  I do have a family history and fear of strokes.  I'm sure you'll find people here on the site who have had similar experiences.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Tags: