Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Countdown til my mammo...  (Read 163 times)

Offline crazygirl1

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Countdown til my mammo...
« on: December 02, 2013, 01:27:06 PM »
 :( I go Thursday night. I am getting more & more nervous. It's not my 1st one but I'm getting more nervous because these tests scare the crap outta me. I've posted before a few times about this but no ones said much. Here's hoping this goes well..... I have my dd's school concert on the 12th. I should have an answer by then. I am praying I can be there at this concert feeling joyful. Help...HA sucks. Sickness sucks.
Bookmark and Share
Revelation 7:17
 ... and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Countdown til my mammo...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »
I went through a similar thing last January.  I worried myself sick about it just to find out that there was nothing wrong.  You will be okay.  It is a scary thing to have the tests done and worry about the results.  I don't know about the place you are having it done, but the place I went to gave you the results before you left.  I hope this is the case for you.  Good luck and stay positive.   Also know that some anxiety in this situation is to be expected and don't beat yourself up for being nervous and scared.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline michelle360

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 09:02:56 PM »
Testing really tends to freak us HA folks out. I would just try to look at it this way. This is a routine test. As far as I know you have no symptoms of BC. Chances are they will find nothing. In the unlikely chance that they do, they will have caught it so early that you will likely be very well regardless (I know many BC survivors). That is the reason we have these tests. Because early detection matters. I'm sure you will do just fine and keep us posted on your results!
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazygirl1

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 10:15:17 AM »
thanks...I am not sure if where I am going gives same day reports at all. I go at  6pm because that way I don't have to ask my boss to leave early or miss work. So going at 6 pm I'm not even sure any radiologists would be there to read it. They do read it the next day I think and last year I got my letter in the mail the following week.I dont know any bc survivors personally.
I just hope i can get thru this....
Bookmark and Share
Revelation 7:17
 ... and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."

Tags: