Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Further evidence my HA has jumped the shark  (Read 253 times)

Offline japheree

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Further evidence my HA has jumped the shark
« on: December 02, 2013, 04:03:02 AM »
Some of you may have read a week or so ago that I had a freak out about a ridiculous symptom that when I came around, I realised was so utterly unlikely it made me realise how desperate my HA is to keep me feeling sick. Well, it keeps trying but I am determined to fight it. Right now it is STILL trying to make me think I have cirrhosis. Every bruise, my dry skin and knee pain are my current worries (KNEE PAIN FFS...I am pretty sure I dreamed that could be a symptom but anyone fancy clarifying that lol?)
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Further evidence my HA has jumped the shark
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 04:22:44 PM »
Anxiety thrives on keeping us in a state of fear and worry and so it does jump from one dread disease to the next.  The only way that I have found any relief is to accept that it is only anxiety and nothing more.  Once you learn to accept it and stop seeking reassurance it finally starts to fade and so do all the rotating symptoms.  Acceptance is a hard thing to find and takes a lot of work, but it has worked for me amazingly well.  Good luck.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline japheree

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 02:47:42 AM »
Thanks for your reply! I am trying very hard to accept it and it seemed to be working but now I am freaking out again even though I am medicated. This morning I found a bleeding gum which makes me think it is the result of Cirrhosis again!

I have had two abdominal exams (not ultrasounds just palpatations and a blood test which didn't return any abnormal liver results except for an elevated serum albumin (which apparently is just dehydration). I am STILL so scared though!
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 02:35:53 PM »
That is the thing about acceptance.  It allows you to not fixate on every symptom and jump to something bad.  And even if you do, acceptance allows you to dismiss the thoughts and know that there are a dozen other less scary and likely possibilities.  Bleeding gums are fairly common and most often they are not the result of anything very bad.  Jumping to the worst possible conclusion is not helpful but trusting your doctors and yourself is.  Good luck.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline japheree

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 10:59:21 AM »
Well so far I am accepting the diagnosis. I figure my brilliant doctor's laugh of incredulity at my latest worry was a good sign! Apparently I am very unlikely to have anything serious like Cirrhosis given my blood work. Now I KNOW the importance they place upon Serum Albumin results I feel much much more confident I can beat this worry.

Therapy in a month or so too!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: