Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: first it was heart worries now its seizures  (Read 155 times)

Offline adellic

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
first it was heart worries now its seizures
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:16:09 AM »
Hi all

So im a 23yo female with server health anxiety. It started with panic disorder which I started to get control of, then the heart worries started. I got all the tests (bloods, ecg, holter monitor) and everythng came back fine, I started to get over it and then my new fear replaced it - seizures.

What happend was a man drove through our neigbourz fence, he was ok thank god, but had had a seizure. Ever since then I have it in my head that im going to have one. I know that nobody knws wether or nt they will have one and that theres nt much I can do to avoid it happening if it ever does but its starting to ruin me. Everytime I get my symptoms (hot head, hot body, dizzy, ect) I think that its the start of one, or a warning. I hate feeling like this and part of my brain knws its just in my head frm somethng I saw happen bt I just wanted to post and get it out and see what otherz have to say, I cnt reali talk to anybdy else, they are al sick of hearing it.

Iv never had a fit nor does it run in my family bt these thoughts just wont go away and I spend the majority of my day in tears. Im so scared. What I wouldnt gve to be my strong self again!

Also: 4 those that read this that reali do suffer or are afectd by epilepsy ect, my heart goes ot to u, its scary enuf having these thoughts let alne having actual seizures  :(

Thanks 4 reading

Adelle

Bookmark and Share

Offline Michael-Eden

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: first it was heart worries now its seizures
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 03:33:18 AM »
Hello Adellic,  sorry to hear your having a rough go of it.
I to have had plenty of fear about my heart and or a seizure. I might be wrong here , but if your like me, I'm guessing you may be spending a good amount of time looking up your symptoms and becoming frightened by all the negative possibilities. I actually had more testing done on my heart yesterday, yet again, and I'm still heart healthy despite having just about every heart attack symptom to some degree or another.
I go in for a stress test later today, nine hours to go, and I'm pretty sure the results will be fine, just anxiety.
I know it's really hard to trust that what's going on isn't something bigger, anxiety has a wide array of symptoms and none of them are much fun, down right frightening actually.
Well I would like to say I don't rush to google every time my body does something new and disturbing It wouldn't be honest, though I'm on there much less often. If this is something you're doing I think it's good to remember no internet page can provide an actual diagnosis , they can tell you weather or not it's usually an emergency , and many of the symptoms to at least some degree seem to be similar to an end game problem.

The only way to know for certain is to go in and have your concerns addressed by a doctor.
That stated I'm fairly confident what you are experiencing is just anxiety.
I try and keep busy, and if an attack happens just kind of go with it, trying to fight it seems to make it so much worse. There are also things like the box breathing method and meditation, and good old technology as a distraction, that seem to help calm things down.
Maybe try and figure out what really works for you. I whistle songs, seems to help keep the breathing normalish and it's soothing to me. Though I bet my neighbors hate me when I wake up in a panic late at night  :happy0151:.
If you have real concern about health things you should have the looked into, always better to know.
Sorry to have been long winded, hope you find something that works for you and until then just hang in there. It gets better.
Bookmark and Share
"what matters most is
how well you
walk in the
fire."
Charles Bukowski

Offline anxious_brit

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 09:43:18 AM »
My fears started out over seizures. It lasted for over a year. It finally went away and heart fears have taken its place. I know how you feel. I really think you're dealing with anxiety. Hearing and seeing others who have a illness can easily set off a reaction and soon enough we think we have it too.
Bookmark and Share
"The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live"

www.FindingHappy.org

Offline adellic

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 06:34:06 PM »
thanks for your replys, nice to know im not the only one, brings a kind of peace... :bigsmile:

Michael-Eden - yeahp i do look up my symptoms, even though i KNOW i shouldn't and everyone tells me its bad, i try to stay away from googling and if i do, i am sure to add in the word 'anxiety' not that this helps at all really, just banning google all together would be best for me ha!
Oh damn heart fears, been there, and it sucks, but its so weird how our symptoms seem to shift, we obsess over something and then move on to something else, pain in the a**.

I have spoken with my doctor and he calmed me down a bit, dosent think its a tumor or anything but for my peace of mind said he would talk to a nuro and see what they reakon, he said obviously nobody can be assured they wont have a fit, but he said considering it dosen't run in my family and other factors, i have a lower risk - the main cause is probably the fact i saw someone crash while having a seizure that has set it all off, so im trying to accept this at present and hopefully calm down a bit (it makes work soooo unbearable being like this).

I have had bad anxiety/panic for nearly a year so its actually no wonder, when i think about it, that im getting these crazy headaches and dizzy spells. Dizzy spells are the worst though, especially when I get a hot head and ears, errgk still freaks me out no matter how hard i try to accept the feelings.

Also went back to yoga yesterday so hopefully this helps, though now i have a funny feeling when i take a deep breath in the middle of my chest (being me i automatically thought 'omg my heart!!' but im not going to let it worry me at the moment, even though im anxious as heck today...its hard to think anxiety can make me feel this way...i just have this constantly feeling of doom today  >:( ohwell... not much i can do but soldier on through the day...

sorry if this message dosen't make much sence or is a bit 'all over' the place haha, im a tad anxious as i type this and my mind is going a mile a minute. really want to get better this is just too much!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: health seizures anxiety