Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I have Parkinson's - not diagnosed yet, but my symptoms are 100% PD - plse help  (Read 337 times)

Offline javajoe

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm so upset right now I can barely function.

My hands, particularly my fingers have been trembling/tremoring constantly for the last 5 days, but only at rest.

When i move them they are fine - no twitching.  But when i rest them they start twitching uncontrollably.

Ive also noticed other jerks/tremors in other parts of my body - again only when at rest.

I feel like a Parkinson's diagnosis means death and I'm so scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tremors are a symptom of panic attacks. There are four key symptoms you need to have in order to diagnose with parkinsons.

You only have one of them. You don't have parkinson's.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cattia

• Poke This Member
Twitching and jerking in different parts of your body when you're resting is really common with anxiety. There's a name for it, I think it's called BFS or something? Someone else might know. Honestly, I've had twitching for v users that comes on when my anxiety is bad and I don't have Parkinson's.
Bookmark and Share

Offline javajoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tremors are a symptom of panic attacks. There are four key symptoms you need to have in order to diagnose with parkinsons.

You only have one of them. You don't have parkinson's.

The problem is that these tremors/twitches are rhythmic and only happen at rest.

I saw a video of someones hand doing the "pill rolling" tremor - when i position my hand in that manner it does exactly the same.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrMoleHill

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • I look, therefore I find.
    • Poke This Member
My left thumb and index finger have been twitching like crazy, on and off, for several weeks now.  It comes and goes. I don't think I have PD. I do know that I have anxiety problems and use the computer too much.

Also consider your age. How old are you? 
Bookmark and Share
We are all walking through the Valley of the Shadow of Death

Offline javajoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My left thumb and index finger have been twitching like crazy, on and off, for several weeks now.  It comes and goes. I don't think I have PD. I do know that I have anxiety problems and use the computer too much.

Also consider your age. How old are you?

I'm 28 years old.

But my twitching is there only at rest.  And it doesn't "come and go" - its there 24/7 as long as my hands or legs are at rest.

That's what concerns me the most.
Bookmark and Share

Offline michelle360

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So take everything else away (symptom-wise) and all you would have left is the twitching being your main concern? That is hardly the most prominent or serious symptom of PD. Also have you happened to see a doctor about this? I'm not suggesting you run to the doctor or anything, but have you brought it up to your GP at any point?
Bookmark and Share

Offline javajoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So take everything else away (symptom-wise) and all you would have left is the twitching being your main concern? That is hardly the most prominent or serious symptom of PD. Also have you happened to see a doctor about this? I'm not suggesting you run to the doctor or anything, but have you brought it up to your GP at any point?

I saw the Neurologist twice in the last two months.  The last time I saw him was November 8th - he did a physical exam on me and found nothing.

The following week I saw my PCP and she didn't notice anything either.

About a week and a half after seeing her (monday of last week) my finger started to move on its own. Then it got worse - it would start twitching while at rest only.  Now its my thumb and other fingers that trenor at rest and only on my left hand. And its been constant for the past 4 days - again only at rest - movements make them go away
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
When you are at rest, you are more likely to notice your symptoms of anxiety. Being active physically or mentally helps you focus on something other than your anxiety. This is likely why you are experiencing this at rest.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Not to be rude or anything, but I feel a bit offended by your topic-title. You're not diagnosed, so please don't say "I have Parkinson's". My great-grandmother had Parkinson's, and like michelle360 said, the tremors are not the most prominent symptom of Parkinson's.
You obviously don't trust your doctors, because you've been told twice that you're fine and still you pick a title screaming you have Parkinson's anyway.
I experience HA myself, and I know it's really really hard, but this is not the way to deal with it. If you're so absolutely sure you have Parkinson's you need to get on meds a.s.a.p. So in that case I suggest you rush yourself to a doctor and get proper treatment.

I noticed you started 11 topics in the last 3 weeks. I really think you could benefit from visiting a specialized therapist.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: