Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: can anyone else feel their groin lymph nodes?  (Read 708 times)

Offline Brooke2288

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
can anyone else feel their groin lymph nodes?
« on: November 28, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »
So today as I was doing my usual lymphoma worrying, I was feeling around in my groin area. right at the very top of my inner legs, like just before my legs meet my hips, I feel what I think might be lymph nodes. They are movable and they feel pretty long and not very round. are these lymph nodes or could they be tendons or fatty tissue of some sort. can anyone else feel this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: can anyone else feel their groin lymph nodes?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 08:14:38 AM »
Brooke there is all of the above in there.

You need to stop feeling around. This is what is makIng you more anxious. Trust me because I have been there.

I first found my groin nodes when I was pregnant. I then spent months having them checked. But what I noticed was that when I felt around I found lots of things that all felt like possible nodes. I've got my gp to check some and she said its just fatty tissue.

But you are just wyndig yourself up.

Please try b
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 08:51:56 AM »
I once had a massive staph infection that caused all my major lymph nodes to swell, some to the point of being visible. Please, trust me when I say that it is totally, cmpletely obvious when you are actually feeling lymph nodes, versus when you are not. Theres no mistaking it when it actually happens.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 02:46:19 PM »
Lunatone

Can I ask did neck nodes swell? What size would you say in cm? Did they stick out?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jaxsonny

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 02:58:52 PM »
i feel mine all the time. i stopped even touching them after the last time i had them checked. they are round, movable and like a chain. i agree with hamsterwheel stop feeling around! easier said then done but my dr told me its normal to feel lymph nodes they are there to protect us! also if you are on the thinner side they tend to stick out more :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 07:18:43 PM »
I do! JUst noticed them
Bookmark and Share

Offline MorningGlory

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 07:22:35 PM »
A lot of the lymph nodes in my groin are swollen! Some close to the surface and deeper. Went through a phase where I DID worry... but realized that they must have stayed from a previous condition that caused them to react. Lymph nodes well up for the TINIEST things. I wouldn't worry about it at all!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 08:32:11 PM »
Brooke, I say this kindly, you need to stop worrying Hun! Especially the fact that you are pregnant, anxiety is not good for your babies. Who am I to say anything I worry 24/7. PM me if you need to talk.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 10:41:59 AM »
Thank you all so much for your replies. And thanks NewMommy, I know I really need to stop being so anxious all the time for the sake of my babies. I wish I could take back every thing I have ever googled about lymph nodes. I probably wouldn't even know what they were if it wasn't for google! And everything you read on the internet says that you shouldn't be able to feel your nodes at all unless they are swollen. I think that's so ridiculous considering most of the people on this board can feel theirs! My mom always tells me I need to stop worrying and that when she was my age (25) there was no internet and you didn't go to the doctor until you felt really sick or your symptoms were really obvious, and no one was worrying about these little things!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »
I just wish I knew if I was feeling a node or maybe a tendon. What I am feeling is much longer than wide. It moves back and forth when I press on it. It just worries me that it is located exactly where lymph nodes are in the groin!
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 06:41:35 PM »
They feel like strings with some beads. If I shaved my legs and cut myself I know the will even grow bigger for a while. My lymph nodes are very sensitive. Even the smallest scratch makes them pop up. The one in my arm pits can really hurt if they grow. My dad has the same. My lymph nodes are drama queens. But that's a good sign. They work hard for my health.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 09:18:55 PM »
I can feel the "long" things, too. I've always just thought they were tendons/muscles because they're equal on both sides, and lymph nodes are more like peas or beans, not really long strips.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 08:08:30 AM »
Thanks, I'm trying hard not to feel around so much. I definitely feel this more on one side than the other. I cannot see any lumps when I look at the area in the mirror. If these were lymphoma nodes, would they probably be big enough that they would be visible? I should also add that I am 20 weeks pregnant with twins and I'm getting quite a belly. What I'm feeling isn't much further down than my belly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 09:00:15 AM »
It's normal they are of different sizes on each side. And they don't grow that big that you can see them "sticking out". Please be aware that you keep them swollen by touching them al the time. It might even be a good idea to wear hipsters or shorts as underwear because normal panties can keep them irritated too. I'm not sure you shave that area? Because that's also a big trigger. There are also some little tendons around the lymph nodes. But you will not get bumps on your tendon unless you tore them and believe me, you wouldn't be walking around then.
Keep in mind that being pregnant changes your body in many ways, so your lymph nodes can be more sensitive during your pregnancy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
I keep trying to contribute the lumps I'm feeling to pregnancy but I just can't see the connection. The one lump I am feeling is like an inch long but it's not very wide. it moves when I push on it...I can't stop worrying about this!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: