Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Eating in public  (Read 422 times)

Offline SillySalmons

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Eating in public
« on: November 28, 2013, 11:08:12 PM »
I'm just curious, does anyone else have trouble eating in public? I find that for some reason when I go out to eat, especially with friends rather than family, I have a hard time eating very much food. I get full very quickly and usually end up taking like 80% of my food home to eat later. But it's weird, because this only happens in restaurant settings. At school I can stuff my face at lunch and not care if my friends see it. And at home I can eat like a pig in front of my family and I don't care. But when I'm in a restaurant and eat a lot of food I start to feel really nervous and sick. Anyone else have this problem or any theories about it?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Eating in public
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 10:01:43 AM »
You'd have to pay me to eat out. We done a thing on the forum about a year ago. I think you will find it in the agoraphobic section of the forum. Might have to really look. But it was a challenge thing. People who never go out to eat. Pushing themselves out to places. Trying to meet the challenge. It is well worth reading if you can find it. To see how those who took part in the challenge go on and how they done it.

I found the link for it. Check this thread out. People done amazing things when they pushed themselves.

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,35050.0.html
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tlebo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 04:47:52 PM »
I just posted something about this!
Sometimes I am completely fine eating in a restaurant. And other times I feel sick to my stomach, sweaty, and anxious.

We are doing a Christmas lunch at my work and part of me wants to go and not give into my anxiety, but it's just so much easier to avoid it. They planned it a few weeks in advance and it's the leading up to it that is bugging me. I have anxiety about getting anxiety.

Bookmark and Share

Offline tlebo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 04:48:48 PM »
Also, if anyone finds the link Cuchculan is describing, please post it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 10:29:11 PM »
Yes...I have a phobia of eating in restaraunts

However, I rarely go to restaraunts. I almost exclusively go through drive thrues

One of my greatest fears is having to eat in front of a boss at a restaraunt. I just simply would not be able to hide my anxiety in such a scenario.
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Tags: