Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Panic/derealization/agoraphobia  (Read 394 times)

Offline Marieaxo

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Panic/derealization/agoraphobia
« on: November 28, 2013, 06:32:29 PM »
Hi everyone :) my first post ..
Ive been having increased anxiety then panic attacks with bits of derealization/personilization.   I have barely been leaving my house altgough i am still working.  its getting worse it feels, although i am taking less benzo (not needing them everyday as before).  I have a therapist and am working w her but this is jst gttn exhausting.  Tmrw i have to drive somewhere a bit far w a co-worker amd i am dreading it!! Ughh .  Anyone been through this n got over it?? I am considering not going to work tmrw .. Sigh.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic/derealization/agoraphobia
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 12:24:19 PM »
If you give in to panic induced fears and impulses, your brain will consider the panic valid, and you'll continue to panic in that scenario.

the only way to stop it, is to act despite it. Its the only way, quite literally. If you're considering not going to work cause of it, then you must go to work despite it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Amy38

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 10:43:19 AM »
I recommend a good anti depressant/anti anxiety med like Celexa or Effexor. These are the only two that have worked for my panic attacks. I have started having panic attacks while driving, so I am currently not driving. I have an appointment next week with my psychiatrist to discuss changing my Effexor. Typically, the meds help me to not have any panic attacks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 202
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 11:23:25 AM »
Hi Marieaxo,

Welcome to Anxiety Zone!!

I'm glad you are still working and you need to do your best to continue to work.  Just like Lunatone said, once you give into your fears, you are losing the battle and letting anxiety win.  Find a way if you can, to continue to work and to get out a bit each day despite the anxiety. Are the benzos the only thing you take to help the anxiety?  Let your therapist know how exhausted you are getting with this and maybe she can recommend someone that can give you some other meds until you learn to control the anxiety on your own. 

I hope you start feeling better soon!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: