Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I need help guys im losing it.. Head rush feelings / Strange head sensations Pls  (Read 545 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Guys I have no clue what it is. It is really hard to explain.... Its like I had this one really big head rush on friday i was sitting on my couch. It felt like someone put a shock in my head , i jumped off the couch right away, heart racing, panicking, scared to death I was going to die....

The last few days they have been happening more often, not as STRONG as a surge as the one.... but they happen and quite often each day now... I then get the quick heart races and the feeling of panic and dread for a split second then it dissapears.

It feels like the brain zaps I would get coming off of zoloft. But I am not coming off any medication. I am very nervous. I think it is a brain tumor, or from my high blood pressure or a stroke, or something horrific. Is that a symptom of a brain tumor, i am driving myself nutts, please need some answers.

Xanax seemed to help get rid of them for the time being.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
20 views and no one knows what im talking about..... that surely makes things worse
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tal

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Valley,

It must be some sort of tension in your head. I've heard of some people having it in the AZ chatroom. Don't be alarmed. I don't know if you are on any anti anxiety meds or not, but lexapro helped me tremendously and got rid of all the strange feelings that I used to have!

Wishing you all the best!

Tal
Bookmark and Share

Offline CaliforniaDreamer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I had some pretty horrible head zaps, pressure, weird feelings about a year and a half ago. I actually had a brain zap that went all the way down my arm..like a bolt of lightning. I was so afraid and had no idea what was happening to my body. I went to see a Neurologist and he told me it didn't fit into any neurological disease category, that it was anxiety. I told him I wanted an MRI and he said he really didn't think I needed one. Well seeing as how I thought I knew more than a Neurologist I left and went to the ER and had a CT scan done of my brain...nothing found. I figured I needed an MRI because the CT scan probably missed it. I went somewhere else and paid out of pocket to have a brain MRI...nothing found.

So even with the most random and scary real feelings in your body and head, anxiety can often be the cause. I would bet that Neuro would tell you the same thing he told me.

Feel better soon, I'm sure you're just fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pinched nerve maybe I'm going to get a conduction study, I had one make me pass out. I've heard of it being some type of like vertigo symptom as a result of a pinched nerve of the neck. I googled it as soon as it happend, do you feel tired afterwards?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: