Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: General Health Panel (CBC) results  (Read 519 times)

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
General Health Panel (CBC) results
« on: November 13, 2013, 11:42:08 AM »
I had my yearly CBC test yesterday, and I was able to look at the results online.  I'm a bit freaked out, because for one, my HDL (the good cholesterol) is way above the normal range.  I know too much of a good thing, isn't always a good thing, but I'm not sure if that applies to cholesterol levels. 
But what really worries me, is that my WBC is a 4.54, with a normal range being 4-11.  I know it's within normal range, but it's so close to being below. 
Also, my Lymphocytes are at 35, and my Monocytes are at 8.1.  These are all within normal range, but relatively close to the highest mark.  When I googled (bad idea, I know), it lead me to Leukemia.  I also have 0 Immature Granulocytes.  Normal range for that is between 0 and .09, but I find it weird I have absolutely none.  The Immature Granulocytes can also show signs for leukemia. 
Does anyone possibly have any similar results from past tests, or know anything about it?   I'm not too worried right now, but I'm sure later on when I start to thinking, I'll come up with all sorts of things in my head.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: General Health Panel (CBC) results
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 11:44:01 AM »
your results look perfect! Congrats  :sign0060: :sign0060: :sign0060: stop worrying and be happy that they all came back within the normal range!!!!! Try to relax about now and do something fun!!!!!! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 05:41:13 PM »
I think you have to accept that you're healthy. And a high good cholestrol is good. Because good cholestrol keeps the bad cholestrol away. I have pretty good cholesterol too. And you must be glad you're lymphocytes are close to the highest mark. It means you're not even have the smallest infection in your body. It's ok to check your results, but you first have to learn how to read them. Your blood is telling you you have absolutely no leukemia.
Bookmark and Share

Offline colls22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 06:52:53 PM »
As a general rule, I ask NOT to see CBC results, but rather to simply know if there was anything of concern. Why? Because I would do exactly what you're doing, and I would drive myself crazy. Most doctors will tell you not to worry even if you're a little outside of the range. And you were not, you were in the normal ranges. You don't need to be smack in the middle of a range to be normal - that's why there is a range.

You obviously know that if you go a-hunting on Google hard enough, you'll find something that will scare you. So, get off Google! Leave the evaluations and investigations to the doctors, because really, we have no idea what we're talking about. Google-taught or not.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 07:34:47 PM »
Thanks all!  To my surprise, I received a copy of my results in the mail the other day, along with hand written notes by each result from my doctor, explaining that each was great.  She knows me too well  :P
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 03:38:30 PM »
I think your doctor is amazing!  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousakib

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 06:07:41 PM »
HI  i am totally new to this site and i am not sure how to post my own thing . My problem is that i have been unwell since the alst 2 weeks having gastric problems ,puking ,nauseas ,stomach bloating and sudden pains . I went to my doctor and he told me that i have an irritable bowel system nothing to be worried about and he told me to get a cbc done . Now the problem is that my TLC/WBC are perfectly in the normal range i.e 7200 but the lymphocites have increases a bit to 50% and the neutrophils is only 39 % i.e 1% short of the normal range . Also my blood platelets have dropped to 144000 which are again slightly lower than the normal 1500000 range . I have been freaking out that i might get leukamiya and cant sleeo . Is it normal in my case to have such high lymphocytes due to the the stomach infection i am suffering or is it the end for me .
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 04:20:56 PM »
HI  i am totally new to this site and i am not sure how to post my own thing . My problem is that i have been unwell since the alst 2 weeks having gastric problems ,puking ,nauseas ,stomach bloating and sudden pains . I went to my doctor and he told me that i have an irritable bowel system nothing to be worried about and he told me to get a cbc done . Now the problem is that my TLC/WBC are perfectly in the normal range i.e 7200 but the lymphocites have increases a bit to 50% and the neutrophils is only 39 % i.e 1% short of the normal range . Also my blood platelets have dropped to 144000 which are again slightly lower than the normal 1500000 range . I have been freaking out that i might get leukamiya and cant sleeo . Is it normal in my case to have such high lymphocytes due to the the stomach infection i am suffering or is it the end for me .

Did your doctor say he is alarmed by the results?  If not, then they are fine. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline fmfdoc

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 05:33:20 PM »
High HDL is outstanding!!! That means your risk of a Heart attack is low. If your LDL is high, that's a different story. Your White cells are fine!! COngrats!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: please help