Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Terrified I have lupus - Driving myself mad  (Read 424 times)

Offline javajoe

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Terrified I have lupus - Driving myself mad
« on: November 07, 2013, 08:20:14 AM »
It all started with tingling, numbness, and aches and pains about a month ago and my horrible fear of MS.

Primary Care Doctor said nothing was wrong with me, but ordered blood work done - blood work came back normal for lyme, hypothyroidism, vitamin deficiency, and a couple others (no ANA test was done though).

The pain continued - my calves and thighs hurt so bad I could barely sleep at night and I'd get shooting pains up and down my right leg starting in my butt. Ended up going to the ER and the Doctor diagnosed me with Anxiety and said not to worry.

Went to the Neurologist next, did some tests in the office - everything was normal except for "brisk reflexes" - ordered me to get an MRI of the brain and spine just to be sure though.

My MRI came back normal - no evidence of MS or anything else wrong with my brain or spine.

I started to feel a little better for a few days in a row finally. Then, two days ago I started to get these nerve pains in my left and right fingers - they would come and go. Eventually they went away, but now my hands just ache and I wake up stiff every morning in my hands and feet.

It also looks like the blue veins in my hands are more visible and I'm starting to get scared because my left ring finger - it's starting to get a little blue/purple under the nail. My hands and feet are also really cold - much colder than usual and the muscle aches all over my body have not let up either - typically after moving around and using those muscles is when they start to get really sore and tender. I'm also getting burning sensations in my feet and hands - a lot.

I'm starting to panic again and I'm terrified I have something like lupus...

Anyone have similar symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline japheree

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Terrified I have lupus - Driving myself mad
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 10:31:29 AM »
Hi there!

You sound and awful lot like me one year or so ago. All of what you are describing is classic anxiety, from the general and vague nature, to the moving about aches and pains. It is almost exactly like my symptoms.

You have been thoroughly tested for M.S and I am glad you seem to have moved on from that fear but like me you are looking for other alternatives to have. Lupus is quite a common fear but not a very common illness. In the last year I have though I have had many illnesses but in reality I am just had one, anxiety, with a side of hypochondria!

I hope this reassures you somewhat.
Bookmark and Share

Offline javajoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 10:39:42 AM »
Hi there!

You sound and awful lot like me one year or so ago. All of what you are describing is classic anxiety, from the general and vague nature, to the moving about aches and pains. It is almost exactly like my symptoms.

You have been thoroughly tested for M.S and I am glad you seem to have moved on from that fear but like me you are looking for other alternatives to have. Lupus is quite a common fear but not a very common illness. In the last year I have though I have had many illnesses but in reality I am just had one, anxiety, with a side of hypochondria!

Thank you - it does help hearing that from you.

I think what's really scaring me is these nerve pains in my fingers and toes - almost like sharp pains that go in and out, in and out, and then after several hours will go away.

Also, the fact that all of my muscles are just sore and feel so strained - just sitting here typing is making my fingers hurt.
Bookmark and Share

Offline javajoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 01:19:06 PM »
Lupus is quite a common fear but not a very common illness. In the last year I have though I have had many illnesses but in reality I am just had one, anxiety, with a side of hypochondria!

I keep trying to tell myself that - it seems like whenever I try to stop thinking about it, another symptom pops up again.

It's these muscle aches all over my body and these nerve pains in my fingers and toes that has got my anxiety up so much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline javajoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 06:33:28 PM »
Anyone else have similar symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 02:35:22 PM »
I have had everyone of your symptoms.. Started with buzzing in the feet, then numbness that came and went. Then I had muscle aches.. Burning sensations, as well..

As time went on they went away. I still get buzzing sometimes.. Doctors tell me I am fine. They are the experts, and I trust them. It took me awhile to get there. But, you will get there too.

Good luck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline javajoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 04:35:30 PM »
Doctor ordered me to get an ANA test and said we'll go from there. Just got back from getting blood taken - won't find out the results until next week though - ugh this damn waiting is eating me alive.

Now I'm thinking, great, why does he want me to get an ANA blood test?  Now I'm starting to panic...
Bookmark and Share

Offline ImObsessed

• "We're all here distracting ourselves until we die." -( J.J. Abrams)
  • Rec's: 2
  • Im an egomaniac with low self esteem
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 06:04:57 PM »
Lupus is something I have been thinking about for some time also. I have many symptoms. But I don't believe its easy to diagnose.
Bookmark and Share
Im obsessed with my health and my current obsession is my liver.

Offline javajoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 06:26:20 PM »
Lupus is something I have been thinking about for some time also. I have many symptoms. But I don't believe its easy to diagnose.

I'm trying my best to not think about it, but these burning toes, and painful muscles are driving me crazy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 12:03:04 PM »
Sorry i am doing searches as I gave your same symptoms. What did your ANA test showed?
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Tags: