Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: What is happening to me? :(  (Read 506 times)

Offline hannah-rose

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What is happening to me? :(
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:18:21 AM »
I'm an 18 year old girl..
PLEASE can you all read this and hear me out? No one listens to me ever, and I am so scared, just need some help :(

A few weeks ago I started to get heartburn. It lasted a few days, weird because I'd never suffered from it before .. luckily, it went away..

Then, randomly, I was out one day and my stomach started to feel really heavy and bloated.. I hadn't even eaten much? Then, I got even more anxious and couldn't even eat or drink anything without feeling full after a few bites.

My doctor put me back on citalopram which calmed me down a bit, but now I am getting a constant burning feeling in my upper abdomen, it feels a bit like constant hunger, but also that feeling you get when your going down a rollercoaster? It's so weird.. And I keep belching all the time aswell. I'm so scared what is wrong...... doctors don't help me ever

PLEASE someone enlighten me and help.. I'm so confused :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline sad_dad

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What is happening to me? :(
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:37:17 AM »
I hope you feel better. I know what its like to worry about these things. I am a 42 year old man and I worry about them constantly, as my recent post describes. I have similar gastric issues. I wish I could say something to make you feel better. I wish I could say a doctor visit will make your worries go away. Sometimes it does, for awhile, and sometimes it doesn't. I hope you figure it out. Sorry you are dealing with these things at such a young age.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hannah-rose

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 03:17:43 PM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rhino0924

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Healthly Anxiety is the Ultimate Goal.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 03:30:37 PM »
Could be GERD which is so very common from anxiety. Have you even been to a gastroenterologist?

The constant belching is a sure sign of GI issue which might just be Acid Reflux. Do you have some tums or something to eat and see if it calms down?
Bookmark and Share
“Those who think they have no time for exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.”  ~Edward Stanley

“Today, more than 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise.”  ~Mike Adams

Offline BrambleRamble93

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 10:24:17 PM »
Sounds like a classic case of GERD.  I've been diagnosed with it myself.  Totally common.  I don't even take medicine for it but it will definitely alleviate your symptoms  if you did.  Something like Prilosec or tums (like mentioned) would due.
Bookmark and Share
If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, if you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, if you put it into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash.  Be water my friend.  - Bruce Lee

Online bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 04:01:40 AM »
Hi, we're on the same boat especially i am 19 y/o and your 18. I get acid reflux everytime when i am anxious or stressed out! or even sometimes i get it when i am about to sleep. I feel like my chest up to my throat has a acidic sensation and somehow my stomach feels funny and yes! the belching.. pretty embarrassing. For some reason, it is referred something you eat.
Hun, what you are describing is actually a physical symptom of Anxiety, Anxiety can trigger lots of physical symptoms so please try to control them. Have you been taking meds for your Anxiety?

I wish nothing but the best for both of us! and everyone in AnxietyZone community

hugs
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline dmarie725

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 01:20:35 AM »
hi everyone...wondering if you have an answer at all to your GI issues, specifically the burping?

I've been having this weird symptom of crazy frequent burping everyday for the last 3.5 months. I've had several tests done by my GI doctor that all come back as "normal" which is starting to drive me crazy because I can't find an answer...which makes me keep worrying about the unknown cause.

I never used to burp. then one day it started out of nowhere. I burp on an empty stomach and then anything I ear or drink, even the smallest amount, makes me burp. I don't have any heartburn or feelings of acid though.

could this still be some type of reflux? my endoscopy and barium swallow didn't show any problems though...what else could cause something like this? please help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 08:51:32 AM »
I've had bouts of this. I remember about 4 years ago when I was 19 I would be walking around at work after I ate and my stomach felt holow and hungry still! Went on for a few days. I've had his happen from time to time. I've been to an ENT where I was diagnosed with silent reflux. I used to gets bad lump in the throat feeling. Especially at night. I've been to the gastro too and they suspect IBS. I don't think you need to needlessly worry especially if you've had a bunch of tests run. I've accepted my normal it's just not everyone else's.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 08:55:04 AM »
When I'm anxious, I swallow air.  It has to come out one end or the other, and I will feel so bloated and miserable.  I could burp and burp and burp but keep swallowing air because I'll get more anxious. 

http://www.southcoast.org/healthtips/reducegas/air.htm

http://www.livestrong.com/article/146693-burping-anxiety/

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/swallowed-air
Bookmark and Share

Offline dmarie725

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 12:55:08 AM »
Thanks for your replies. I've considered anxiety causing the burping, but I wasn't going through any anxiety when this burping started. And I definitely didn't wake up one day after 31 years of breathing normal, and suddenly start swallowing air. It actually drives me crazy when the doctor says "are you swallowing air?". Um...no, no more than I have swallowed my entire life, but now I burp all day everyday out of nowhere.

What else (medically) could even cause something like this? I'm definitely having anxiety SINCE the burping started though...because I'm constantly worried about what caused it :( I really don't know what else to do other than get a 2nd dr. opinion...

Has anyone heard of anything like this before? I've heard people mention you could have excessive belching as a symptom of reflux, though I have no other symptoms (no heartburn, acid, etc.)...but I do always feel like I have stuff (phlegm?) stuck in my throat.

Any thoughts?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 08:00:08 AM »
Anxiety triggers the symptoms of gastric diseases so if you have any, your anxiety would only amplify it. And you said that you didn't have anxiety when it had started. How do you know? Anxiety is not only when you panic, it's an ongoing disorder. You might not even be aware that something is going on. It just works like that, no need to worry. And also, don't eat at least 2-3 hours before going to sleep. That's what my doctor told me when I mentioned that my stomach hurts in the morning and then I belch and it stops. Same thing goes for drinking certain drinks (namely alcohol and fizzy drinks like coca cola)
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Tags: