Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sick with Worry-MS FEAR  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sick with Worry-MS FEAR
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 09:35:56 AM »
Well, trick or treating here in my town last night. Had friends over and we drank some wine and watched a movie. Got a little buzz from the wine and didn't think about my leg/arm. No issues.

My son woke me up at 3am and when I went back to bed I immediately laid down and thought about my left side. Feelings came back and anxiety kicked in. Same thing this morning. Need to really work hard on my mind. Since my anxiety tends to be more OCD related the SRI pills do cuase me to freak. I analyze how I feel on them and how they are poisoning my body and they kinda freak me out too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sallydraper

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 09:32:49 PM »
I can understand the fear of meds, Pingman.
 What I don't understand about myself is that my numbness changes in intensity pretty much hourly..definitely is different every day. Is this an MS symptom?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 09:36:28 AM »
I am not sure about that...but the same thing is happening to me as well. Yesterday, my arm and hand were fine but my calf and foot were bothering me. I wouldn't call it sever in anyway but more annoying than anything. Went to bed feeling good and awoke at 3am, checked to see if my arm/leg were tingling. Sent me into a small panic attack and I actually began shaking in bed...horrible feeling. Finally back to sleep and woke up this morning and had no bad sensations. Then I sat down with my coffee and began checking to see if my leg and arm were bothering me...sure enough they started to. I even think I am feeling my face tingle a little now.

Now my calf is spasming, my fingers in my left arm hurt and I sense tingling in my face. I know that I have given myself pain symptoms with my last bout of HA when I was worried about UC and Crohns. For some reason I can't get my mind off my symptoms. To make it worse, I can't get to the Dr. for about a month. I had my Eye apt Friday and he said my eyes look great, I would assume if I had optic nerve issues he would have noticed. I don't seem to have balance issues, can run on the treadmill just fine. I am not tired anytime unless I take a zyrtec then I am knocked out tired.

The more I worry the worse and more synptoms I am getting. My mind says hey dummy recognize that!! Wake up and realize that your tingling comes and goes daily and hourly, you prob wouldn't even notice if you weren't checking if you are sore and tingling. But.....that part of my brain that recognizes fear and danger says but....it is tingling so shouldn't that signal a problem.

I was at Kohls with my wife yesterday and saw two guys around age 40 in wheel chairs. Living life with their families and shopping. What happens if we do have MS? I don't want it but living life like this sucks as well. I am less worried about living life one day in a wheel chair as I am about the pain. I just wouldn't like the pain if pain is associated with MS. I can't check that out though cause I am done googling. I do know I read a bunch of stories about people leading normal lives for a long time with MS.  I guess we need to try and be positive...what if I told you you had pancreatic cancer or MS? Maybe in 20 years they will have invented some wonder drug for MS.

Sally lets try and stay positive......HA is winning. Maybe we just have anxiety or sore muscles.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sallydraper

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 06:34:25 PM »
I am very worried again. I felt good for two months. Then five days ago my left leg started feeling tingly and it hasn't gone away. I have a new numb patch on the left side of my chest..for three days now..
 The left spot on my buttocks (numb patch) has returned. I am SURE these are MS signs.

I am sick with worry. I am calling my DR Monday to see if she can refer me to a neuro.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sallydraper

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 05:42:38 PM »
The only thing that makes me think it might not be MS is that I am not tired. I don't have fatigue. I can run three miles a day five times a week. But I just read a story about a woman who was doing jazzercise 5 days a week a year into her diagnosis.

I called to get a referral to a neuro today..waiting to hear back tomorrow. Can anyone relate to my issues?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: