Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: LIGHT BLOOD/MUCUS IN STOOL WITH IBS GREAT HELP  (Read 410 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
LIGHT BLOOD/MUCUS IN STOOL WITH IBS GREAT HELP
« on: October 27, 2013, 11:32:03 AM »
I have IBS and sometimes there is mucus in my stool. Nasty right? Well this morning, there was mucus and a little bit of blood. Now I am very worried that it is cancer. My stomache was gurgling like crazy after I had 2 glasses orange juice 2 pieces of toast and a yogurt with blueberries. Went to bathroom, wiped, and there you go mucus and some light blood on the toilet paper amazing. Now im scared to death.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PhreakOvNature

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Disorders: OCD, GAD, PTSD, MDD, HA, SA, BPD, PD...
    • Poke This Member
Re: LIGHT BLOOD/MUCUS IN STOOL WITH IBS GREAT HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 12:29:14 PM »
I have IBS, too. Actually, I want to say roughly 9/10 people on Anxiety Zone do, since IBS & anxiety seem to go together like peanut-butter & jelly. Mucus in stool, especially with IBS, is normal. I get it, as well. Not every single time, but it still happens. Now, what color was the blood? Bright red, or dark? If it was bright red, then most likely it was caused by irritation. If it was dark red & it happens again, then go ahead & make an appointment with your doctor. I, personally, sometimes get bright red blood in my stool... but, I also am lucky to have pretty gnarly internal & external hemorrhoids. However, like I mentioned above, the irritation from IBS can cause some bright red blood to appear in your stool/on your toilet paper. If the toilet bowl isn't covered in it & if it isn't dark red in color, please try to take a deep breath & relax. Make an appointment with your doctor tomorrow, if you are really concerned. Either way, I can pretty much garuntee that you are A-OK. ;D
Bookmark and Share
"Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn... my God, do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." - Master Yoda

"Everybody lies." - Dr. Gregory House

"Sometimes I think I'm crazy, other times I know I'm not." - Stone Sour

Offline SuspiciousPopsicle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 02:52:06 PM »
Mucus is common with IBS. Blood not so much, but in any case, in one episode, I wouldn't be worried unless it becomes chronic in which case there are multiple things it could be (Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticulosis, Vulvus, Internal Hemorrhoid if painless) at which point you should ask your PCP.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Monty

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 04:06:59 PM »
I have been told that a little mucus in the stool is normal. I'm not familiar with all the symptoms of IBS but a little bright red blood in the stool on occasion is not usually a big deal. If it's more of an oily maroon or black blood then it's time to at least notify your doctor as it could "possibly" be bleeding in the upper GI.  Did you strain at all during your bowel movement? That can cause a little bleeding.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: