Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I'm going to do it right now!  (Read 846 times)

Offline Jones

• 1Peter 2:24
  • Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm going to do it right now!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 05:36:22 PM »
be careful, some people dont take it well and will want nothing to do with you once they know about it, i tell no one about it because everyone that knows i have it doesnt want to have anything to do with me anymore because of it, that and the depression part which i think they dislike even more

I would say that if anyone has a problem with it, then they are not worth your time in the first place. I went for years living with GAD as a deep dark secret that even my husband of ten years, at the time, didn't know anything about. My best friend was completely shocked when I told her...apparently I hid it well. I did think that by getting it out there it would help me, and I suppose it has to some degree...at least I don't feel the need to hide it any longer.

I say good for you for taking that step. Good job!!
Bookmark and Share
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

Offline london23

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »
Hey, earlier this year when my anxiety was it its worse i missed a few days off work, when i came in my boss wanted to talk to me because he thought i was making up false excuses to miss work, so i had to tell him what it really was..i told him..and it turns out his wife had the same problem too, i felt such a relief..it was great
Bookmark and Share

Offline troubledgirl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »
I'm sure they might have guessed you had anxiety, anyway. :) Hope everything is okay!
Bookmark and Share

Offline LaceyxJayne

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 06:19:05 PM »
YAY! Congrats most people I am close go know! And it is very helpful!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lily120

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 02:30:58 AM »
I don't know if anyone here will read this, but I really wanted to say how grateful I am for all of your replies. I told someone else today about my GAD. Going into it, I just kept thinking about all of the advice and encouragement posted here, and it got me through it. I was more terrified than the first time, that this person would judge me and things would change in a bad way...but they completely understood and we're both in a better place now. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. Thanks to everyone here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 12:32:11 PM »
You are more than welcome and I am glad things are going well for you!  I found a huge amount of support and advice here, and I am sure I will need more in the future, so I try to pay it forward.  The best way to "repay" those who helped you is to help others in need.  See you around the forums!
Bookmark and Share

Offline worriedone_84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 05:34:45 PM »
I'm very glad that you've found the courage to start opening up about your GAD! It can be a difficult thing to do, but I think it really does help a lot in the long run. Keep it up! :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything