Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Not sure if I have gad?  (Read 259 times)

Offline Drewdude

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Not sure if I have gad?
« on: September 05, 2013, 03:43:20 AM »
I guess I would know if I had it wouldn't I. I have always been a worrier but most of the time I have thoughts but I manage them and they are almost always about my health anxiety. Recently though I've had a bad episode of ha that has lasted a couple of weeks and I feel pumped a lot on adrenaline.
I just don't really understand the difference and worry that these symptoms will cintinue forever and develop into gad. I hope I'm not being patronising here and it may just be my ha playing games.

Apologies if this is a daft post
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Not sure if I have gad?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 08:08:28 AM »
Hi,

Sometimes anxiety / GAD is not clearly evident especially from the perspective of the person experiencing it . . .sometimes we delay in asking about it because we don't want to admit to ourselves that perhaps we are experiencing it . . .for me, anxiety built up bit by bit by episodes that, quite frankly, I blew off once they had passed . . . so, your HA might be a signal to you that you might need some professional intervention to prevent it from becoming entrenched in your thought processes . . . so I would suggest that you think about getting a physical to rule out any physical issues for your adrenaline (for example: an overactive thyroid --- yep, I know, that thyroid issues are more commonly related to women but I have two male friends who both have an overactive thyroid that is now easily controlled with meds) and then, unless you have already done so, begin working with a trained counselor (one who is specifically trained and has experience in guiding folks with anxiety and health anxiety) so that you can deal with it before it develops any further . . .

By the way, no need to apologize for a posting (well, unless it is really rude) . . . we all express ourselves in different ways and sometimes anxiety is difficulty to put into words as there is no standard packaging . . .what is important is that you come and share your experiences with us so we can all learn from each other . . .so thanks for doing that and do let us know how you are progressing, okay? Take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drewdude

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Not sure if I have gad?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 05:50:47 AM »
Thanks for this, very good advice.  I think my HA made me think i had GAD...but the anxiety was very strong but i ended up finding a mindfullness book that seems to have really helped me.  Its still a struggle but has got much easier. Thankyou
Bookmark and Share

Tags: