Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: naegleria fowleri help please  (Read 1476 times)

Offline rockjekson

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
naegleria fowleri help please
« on: August 26, 2013, 10:03:39 AM »
Hello I am 22 years old male and I am new  in this forum. My problem is that I have very severe health anxiety from last three years sometimes I feel I have a heard problem than I feel I have a cancer and other life threatening disease but  Last year a friend of mine get naegleria fowleri from tap water and he died after some days. from that day till today I never wash my face and head from tap water I boil water for hours than I use it for washing my face and my hairs or I go to the market buy nestle water bottle not for drinking but for washing may face and hairs I never go into a shower because I am so much afraid from tape water that even a single drop I got in my nose I blow my nose too hard that I get a headache after that I cannot relax my self I always feel sick my friends make fun of me that here comes a psycho patient my family and my family doctor don't listen to me they say that you have hypochondria. Now I am going mental I always think about naegleria. Sometimes I think to ***** because I don't want to live my life in this manner please I need help I lost my friends and  my girlfriend and every think that I have because of naegleria fowleri. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline jack584

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: naegleria fowleri help please
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 08:18:01 PM »
I don't mean to insult you, but are you sure he got it from tap water? The only two people known to have gotten it from tap water were two neti pot users, and the amoeba was not fount in the city water pipes in their street, only in their house. That means in their plumbing, somehow the amoeba was getting in, possibly through the water heater. City water is chlorinated and that kills the amoeba. There were special circumstances that allowed the amoeba to grow in the neti pot water, which are not known.

In your case, I would actually recommend that you have your water tested for the amoeba, I'm not sure where you would get this done, I suppose there is an independent lab somewhere that does it, or you could call your county/state health department or the CDC to find out where you can get your water tested.

You could also have your plumbing inspected for any leaks or places that anything can enter the pipes, any maybe have your water heater replaced if it is old/dirty/not in good condition.

I know all of these are all drastic measures to take, but it's what I believe needs to be done to get a handle on your life and to start living normally again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MariaGrceva

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 03:49:12 AM »
All n.fowleri cases are reported so pretty much if your friend got it from tap water....we would know.
And it doesn't live in tap water. Those people had some sort of well water or something, and God knows where they lived.
People shower and bathe every single day and they are all still fine as you can see.
The water has to go waaaay up your nose for an infection (are we ignoring the fact that you CANT get it from tap water)
Don't you see that you stop yourself from living and you limit yourself. Dont do that. Don't torture yourself, its not worth it.
You can't get n.fowleri.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rockjekson

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 05:56:21 AM »
Thanks for the replies I feel relax after reading your comments. I know it is very rare and I am trying to live normal. the tap water that we use its crystal clean and I can smell chlorine in it. but a fear of naegleria fowleri stop me to use it sometimes I force myself to wash my face with tap water but  I cannot touch it to my face . But from now I decided to stop my mind to think about naegleria and I try to take a shower I know it is difficult for me but I have to do this because I don't want to live like this. I want to be relax , happy as I was before.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rockjekson

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 12:03:06 PM »
Hello I am afraid of this again I put water on hot pan and water very quickly evaporates in just half second and I inhale that steam it is safe to inhale that steam can any one answer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ChangingArranging

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 12:49:37 PM »
I don't believe that a droplet of steam could contain an amoeba.  Condensing steam is how you distill water, after all, so all impurities should be removed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rockjekson

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 08:21:44 AM »
Hello everyone I need your help again I went for swimming on Sunday outside my city in a farmhouse the water is not properly clean and I don't know about that the water contain chroline in it or not. Now after 2 days I have no fever but I have sinus headache and my nose block so do I have to worry about naeglaria fowleri or not please I need reply
Bookmark and Share

Tags: