Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: IBS Sufferers  (Read 786 times)

Online Lililanny

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
IBS Sufferers
« on: August 22, 2013, 06:31:47 AM »
What over the counter meds do you take to keep your IBS in check? How regularly do you take them? And how often is ok to take them, on a continuous basis?
Iíve been taking Immodium about every 3rd day. I really donít want to take them this often. They do seem to work though.
Also, what other symptoms can IBS cause? Can it cause an overall feeling of malaise, nausea and tiredness too?
Thanks for any advise.
(I haven't been diagnosed yet)
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Offline Mrs.L

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: IBS Sufferers
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 10:36:44 PM »
What is your diet like? I would look at that before you reach for a pill.   :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
"Wherever you go, there you are."

Tactnotincluded.weebly.com

Offline rr2005

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:43:38 PM »
Yes, it can cause all the symptoms you named and more, including lower back pain. I have suffered with IBS for years. There were many times I thought I would lose consciousness from the cramping and pain. It was affecting my work and my family life. I have tried every prescription, diet modification and home remedy you can imagine and am happy to say I FINALLY found something that has helped immensely! Before bed every night, I drink a full glass of water with Metamucil mix and an Align capsule. I no longer live with the dread and fear of when and where my next IBS episode will occur. I just felt the need to share this info in hopes that it might work for you or anyone else suffering with IBS.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 4healthsake62

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 03:28:44 PM »
Hello! I'm a newbie. Great info, great site.
I want to inform others to please have a h-pylori test taken. A lot of the symptoms mentioned on here plagued me for months. It got to be that I was in extreme discomfort and weak, so my doctor had a scope done on my stomach. That is when they discovered I had it. I was prescribed 3 very potent antibiotics for 10 days. It went away for a while and now I am testing positive again for it.
My doctor had told me the it is extremely hard to get rid of. I have never been more miserable with stomach pains, weakness. I felt horrible. It might be worth it to have this checked out. Wish you the best. ::)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: IBS H-PYLORI