Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fast Heart Rate. Please Read.  (Read 597 times)

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
Fast Heart Rate. Please Read.
« on: July 18, 2013, 12:39:41 AM »
Okay, I am a 22 year old male, with a history of moderate GAD. I'm very functional. I have a BA degree, I work two jobs, I have a girlfriend, I socialize, etc. However, I've been having a bit of a problem for the last two months, or so. As long as I can remember I've always been kind of a hypochondriac. But lately, I don't know if there is something really going on with me or if its just anxiety, and I want to know if any other anxiety sufferers have ever gone through this. So here we go!

Okay, close to two months ago I was a fully functional human being. I worked out 5 times a week, I was very active. Never have had any health problems. And one day out of the blue I noticed my heart was beating faster than normal, usually when standing and after I eat. Sitting it is completely normal. My rest heart rate is like 72, and in the 60's when I'm laying in bed getting ready to sleep. But when standing it could be at 120 bpm. I am not having a anxiety attack, because I know what that is like, and I am just not. It just beats for no reason, and it is annoying. I don't know if it is because I'm thinking about it or what. Some days are better than others to. It really varies. It leaves me very confused.

I went to the doctor, and they tested my blood for a variety of things, and I did a ekg, and a ultra sound of my heart and surrounding veins, and what not. Needless to say, everything came back fine. The doctors say it is stress, and I am causing it. I believe it could be, but sometimes when my heart is beating it just seems to real for it to be all in my mind. How can a person think their heart beat up? Its usually around 90-100, though, while standing. It was never like this before. It use to be like in the 70s standing. This is all very strange.

Anyone experience this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fast Heart Rate. Please Read.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 09:33:07 PM »
anyone? I'm very curious. Please.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Fuzyyy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 03:35:41 AM »
Hey

I seem to be getting fast heart rates recently too. Mine started about 2 weeks ago however. Anyway when I'm sitting or laying, my beat's near enough normal. But when I get up and do something or am just about to go out, my heart rate suddenly rises as if I've just sprinted a mile. It doesn't seem to stop until I eventually get fed up with it and ignore it.
I'm sure your fine, the docs test prove that too. You had all the right tests from the right people who know about this stuff expertly. So how could something be wrong? :)
Plus anxiety can do all sorts to you and it's symptoms can change all the time.
Hope this helps!
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 12:57:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I think its anxiety to, but I just blows my mind that anxiety can make you feel like this. So weird.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Fuzyyy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 05:26:25 PM »
Know how you feel, back in my early days of anxiety I just couldn't believe that some of my physical symptoms were caused by it.
It's so convincing right?
Type in on google '100 symptoms of anxiety' or something along those lines, I was speechless when I saw how much anxiety can do to the human body!
The mind is a powerful thing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Peaceplease

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 07:24:15 PM »
Mines been acting up for the last couple weeks. Especially at night. I feel like it's racing and skipping beats. But my husband listens to my chest and says it sounds perfectly normal. Probably anxiety. The more you focus on it the worse it gets too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chesneym19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 09:04:43 PM »
This symptom was the beginning of my anxiety spiral. Except mine was even 100bpm while laying or sitting. I began to obsess over it and thought about it constantly.. Eventaully I started to google(DON'T DO) and then I moved on to bigger fears but my anxiety over this symptom has led me in such a downward spiral.

My advice get help for your anxiety early and accept its anxiety, deep breaths friend
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rysus23

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 10:08:35 AM »
There is a condition known as POTS that affects young adults, usually women though. My female cousin has it. It is defined and identified by a dramatic increase in heart rate when moving from a lying down to standing position. It's not really life threatening its just annoying but it can have other annoying symptoms too. It's often misdiagnosed as anxiety and or depression. It took 1 year of testing before my cousin got a diagnoses. She received treatment and the symptoms eventually resided, but its different for everyone. We never heard of it before my cousin had it. I'm mentioning this not to scare you but to save you a year of testing if your symptoms don't go away on their own. Pots usually never even crosses a doctor's mind and your description of your symptoms is exactly how Pots presents itself. I never recommend googling, but if you have a doctor that you trust I would recommend mentioning Pots to him or her. I wish you the best, and hope you feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 11:38:17 PM »
Isn't POTS a really high heart rate? Mine will only go up to 100, maybe 110. Then it will settle down. Some days my heart rate is fine. Usally those are days when I am less stressed.

How fast was her heart rate? What kind of treatment did she get to get rid of the symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rysus23

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 02:42:44 AM »
Yea Pots usually includes a rather high heart rate but it is different for each person and the resting heart rate matters too. You originally said your heart rate goes from the 60's lying down up to 120 standing up. That is a dramatic increase in heart rate, and 120 is pretty high. Even 100 is a 40bpm jump for you. You most likely don't have it, statistically speaking, but it sounds similar to what you are experiencing and I just wanted to let you know about it because most people have never heard of it and run around with their heads chopped off trying to figure out what's wrong. There is a test, which I believe is called a tilt meter or tilt machine test that helps with diagnosing Pots for doctors. My cousin was put on some relatively new medication to help her symptoms(I don't know the name), but as time went on most of her symptoms went away on their own after a couple of years. It's different for each person though. You know yourself best, if you don't think Pots is a possible candidate then don't give it a second thought as it may very well be anxiety as it seems to be able to cause anything. At least for me anyway. Best wishes :)

Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 10:06:24 AM »
My physician said that suddenly standing from a lying or sitting position can cause a spike in heart rate.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 02:11:28 PM »
So does POTS go away on its own? Also, does POTS happen everyday, every time you stand up? Because some days I am fine.

Thanks for the feedback, though  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline mwtzzz

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 04:45:17 PM »
EKGs are accurate. One other thing you might do, if you haven't already, is the "heart stress test." It's a simple, very accurate test to determine the health of your heart.

in any case, it's not your "mind" that's causing your heart rate to spike up, it's a complex system of adrenaline and/or your hormonal system, which changes over time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 03:47:42 PM »
Okay, I am a 22 year old male, with a history of moderate GAD. I'm very functional. I have a AA degree, I work two jobs, I have a girlfriend, I socialize, etc. However, I've been having a bit of a problem for the last two months, or so. As long as I can remember I've always been kind of a hypochondriac. But lately, I don't know if there is something really going on with me or if its just anxiety, and I want to know if any other anxiety sufferers have ever gone through this. So here we go!

Okay, close to two months ago I was a fully functional human being. I worked out 5 times a week, I was very active. Never have had any health problems. And one day out of the blue I noticed my heart was beating faster than normal, usually when standing and after I eat. Sitting it is completely normal. My rest heart rate is like 72, and in the 60's when I'm laying in bed getting ready to sleep. But when standing it could be at 120 bpm. I am not having a anxiety attack, because I know what that is like, and I am just not. It just beats for no reason, and it is annoying. I don't know if it is because I'm thinking about it or what. Some days are better than others to. It really varies. It leaves me very confused.

I went to the doctor, and they tested my blood for a variety of things, and I did a ekg, and a ultra sound of my heart and surrounding veins, and what not. Needless to say, everything came back fine. The doctors say it is stress, and I am causing it. I believe it could be, but sometimes when my heart is beating it just seems to real for it to be all in my mind. How can a person think their heart beat up? Its usually around 90-100, though, while standing. It was never like this before. It use to be like in the 70s standing. This is all very strange.

Anyone experience this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 05:00:12 PM »
Accidentally made a mistake and quoted myself from a older post I made many months back.. Just ignore, people lol
Bookmark and Share

Tags: