Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: mornings  (Read 443 times)

Offline hangingbasket

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • health anxiety
    • Poke This Member
mornings
« on: June 25, 2013, 01:59:38 AM »
Does anyone else find that their anxiety levels are super high in the mornings? I mean the initial few seconds of opening your eyes after waking up? That's when I get my highest levels of panic.   Is there a scientific reason for this or is it simply because I open my eyes and immediately think.... omg. What is going to happen to me today?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Butterfly6127

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: mornings
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 02:07:48 AM »
Yyyyyyyeeeeeessssss! It takes me forever to even get going. My anxiety level is extremely high in the mornings. I take like 20 mins to do stretches. I guess the counting out loud helps me to distract my mind a little as well as loosen up my muscles...
Bookmark and Share
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

~Winston Churchill

Offline kmwondering

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 02:37:18 AM »
Yes. It is the worst time for me. At my worst, I felt like I was running from a lion. Sweaty, heart beating out of my chest...it has improved as I've gotten better. I think some of it has to do with cortisol
Bookmark and Share

Offline megaT

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 03:08:12 AM »
Definitely!  I haven't struggled with anxiety in a while, but when I did, yep, mornings were terrible!
Bookmark and Share

Offline hangingbasket

Worried
  • health anxiety
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 03:15:21 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's made worse by the fact that I've gotten it into my head that if I don't have a normal bowel movement within an hour or so of waking up then something is wrong with me.  It's like opening my eyes to instant panic every morning
Bookmark and Share

Offline eddarun

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 03:17:15 AM »
Anxiety is usually higher in the morgnings, I cant remeber why but there is an physiological reason for it.   I always get this feeling of "remembering" my fears as soon as I wake up.  Its like a "this is really happening" feeling and it takes me a while to get over it.  It helps getting put of bed right away....
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenkyleg

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 07:09:05 AM »
Yep. Currently experiencing the feeling now. Mornings are always the worst.
Bookmark and Share

Offline m196

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »
YES! For a while i would wake up and it would take me half of the day to calm myself down.
It was so frustrating because any time i would think i could start making progress, waking up anxious would just completely stuff that up for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

• Rec's: 2
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 12:41:34 PM »
Yes, I've been experiencing this too, particularly the past couple of weeks. I wake up in fear, and feel nauseous for a little bit too. My stomach is knotted, I'm worrying about life/death/health. It's really horrible.
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Offline br350

• Rec's: 27
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 03:32:43 PM »
During my worst times with anxiety, the mornings have been, bar none, the most difficult part of my day.  I would wake up with an immediate knot in my stomach, heart racing (need to go to the bathroom), sort of shaky, etc.  In fact, in the past, it was always a harbinger of a bad anxiety episode/depression episode for me that I would start waking up for a string of mornings with that knot in my stomach.   It would sometimes happen before the episode became full blown - almost like a warning signal.  And, yet, by the end of the day, I would usually feel much better and my body not as keyed up (depending on how severe the anxiety episodes was at that time).

I remember asking my psychiatrist at the time what it is about morning anxiety that makes it seem like a very predictable aspect of an anxiety disorder.  He said that if we are able to sleep with some semblance of peace, when we wake up it's like a shock to an overly nervous system to come back into consciousness after being somewhat relaxed (if that was even possible) during sleep.  Kind of like a glass of cold water in the face.   
Bookmark and Share
"Worrying is like a rocking chair: It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere."

Offline el28

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 01:59:27 AM »
yes.i m waking up and i m trying to find out what is wrong with my body and if my the premenant symptoms are still here.they are always here so...
Bookmark and Share

Offline hangingbasket

Worried
  • health anxiety
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 02:12:14 AM »
Sounds like me.  Morning here and just woke up in the usual panic.  How will my bowels be, am I better, am I worse. I'm never better.  Its always panic.  Shoved a diazepam in my mouth to make me able to get myself together to get the kids organised for school.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: