Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Small lump in arm...What could it be? SCARED!!!  (Read 453 times)

Offline Butterfly6127

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Small lump in arm...What could it be? SCARED!!!
« on: June 24, 2013, 03:12:33 PM »
So I have a small(pea-sized) lump in my arm. It felt a little achy about a week ago and while rubbing my arm I felt it. My husband and friend both felt it and told me it probably wasn't anything to worry about but I have a gut feeling that won't allow me to believe that. It's located right in the middle of my upper arm and I've had a numb sensation in my pinky and ring finger as well as arm weakness(not sure if it's just perceived or real) but it definitely feels different from the left arm. It's not a perfect circle and it is moveable. I'm so scared and tired of running to the Dr. every week. I'm trying to wait until my appt on Thursday but I don't know if I can make it. I'm soooooo scared and my anxiety is through the roof. Please anyone who knows what it could be? I refuse to google! Thanks guys!
Bookmark and Share
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

~Winston Churchill

Offline eddarun

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
Re: Small lump in arm...What could it be? SCARED!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »
its normal to have lumps and bumps on your body.  None of us are perfect and Ill bet everyone that searches for a lump, finds one, somewhere on their body.

I have been obsessing about lumps since I found my lymph nodes and have several uneplained lumps on my body.   I have one on my big toe (probably from wearing high heals all the time), on on my right ring finger (probably from my wedding ring), one on the back of my right thigh (thought it was a lymph node bot doc says its just a lump, one on my belly (probably from my skin streching while pregnant) and one on my bottock (probably from a pain killer shot I got a while ago).  and I have a lot of lumps on my shins...

Im not worried about those random little bumps, because I have felt similar bumps on other people (my husband has a huge on on his stomach that creeps me out).  I feel them all the time, just a habit I have:)   

Yours is probably "just a lump" aswell, we have those, like we have birthmarks and scars....:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Butterfly6127

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
Thank you for responding Eddarun! My rational brain says I've lost over 15 lbs within a month because of my anxiety and maybe it's always been there(I was 140 lbs).. Then again I felt some type of tenderness in the exact spot which drew my attention to it. I've felt my other arm intensely and there's nothing similar. So of course I'm freaking out.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

~Winston Churchill

Offline Turkeylips

• Rec's: 3
  • Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 06:33:00 PM »
It could just be a benign lypoma, a little fatty lump. My brother has dozens of them. I know two other people with them, and I have one internally deep inside of my right breast.  It could be sore from rubbing against your body or from you poking at it.
Bookmark and Share
Romans 12:12  Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Offline peacefulb4him

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 07:06:41 PM »
I have one as well in my forearm. I freaked out over it as well. The dr said it was normal probably bumped my arm there and the lymph node swelled up. It's been years now same little bump is there hasn't grown or anything. Dr says "some people are kinda lumpy" lol. There probably is nothing to be concerned over. I also have a friend with several in her forearms hers are lypomas and her dr says the same thing. Don't worry I'm sure it's nothing!
Bookmark and Share

Offline megaT

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 03:05:41 AM »
My husband has a lump in his right upper arm, like in the muscle area.  He's always had it.  I can definitely tell its different from his left arm.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Butterfly6127

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 12:05:40 PM »
Thank you all for responding! I'm feeling a little better about it now, thanks to you all!
Bookmark and Share

~Winston Churchill

Offline Butterfly6127

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 06:25:36 AM »
Oh no, found another one on my mid-thigh. I don't press around to find anything. I felt a dull itching type soreness and as I was rubbing the spot, I felt it! I'm freaking out!!! I even feel some soreness in my upper neck area where I'm sure there are nodes. This is really not good for my HA at all! Please help someone! Can't call my Dr. until Monday...
Bookmark and Share

~Winston Churchill

Tags: