Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Could this be anxiety? There's always SOMETHING! :(  (Read 370 times)

Offline Lalaland

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Could this be anxiety? There's always SOMETHING! :(
« on: June 23, 2013, 12:26:28 AM »
So for the last few months I've been stressing about possibly having ms. I've had a lot of the symptoms but I've finally started calming myself down on that front only to focus more on one symptom that's been hanging around for ages... My right eye.

I've had a feeling of high pressure in this eye for months now, sort of like its too big or swollen and it gets a bit worse when I don't have my glasses on, am out in the sun or artificial light. It's like my two eyes are seeing different things, almost at different speeds and it makes me a little dizzy and I feel unbalanced. I've been to the optometrist and she told me that the pressure is quite high in both eyes, but didn't really do anything about it except take a picture of the inside of my eye and measure my cornea (which is naturally quite thin). Its like one eye sees things a few shades darker and blurrier than the other.

I've also had a feeling of high pressure on top of my head on and off for about 18 months or so on the same side of my head.

It's the weirdest feeling, like my brain is tired, but ONLY in that spot.

I've had a bit of ringing in the ears/blocked feeling in my ears as well for about two weeks.

I went to the doc yesterday to see what she thought of all this and said its possible that it could be a sinus infection, even though she couldn't see anything strange and gave me some nasal spray and a referral to have a CT of my sinuses scanned if there's no improvement in a week.

What I want to know is, is it possible for these symptoms to be anxiety? The fact that my brain feels tired in that one spot  where i can feel the pressure is the most worrying to me. I've been getting derealisation and flashes of exhaustion where I just don't want to move for half an hour or so at a time.

Has anyone had any of this before?

Could it be a brain tumour? Or could my over-active brain be playing tricks on me?

Can anyone offer me some help or advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lalaland

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Could this be anxiety? There's always SOMETHING! :(
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:03:13 AM »
Does anyone know if anxiety could cause these symptoms? 
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 07:48:45 AM »
Stress and anxiety can play all sort of tricks. You may want to get brain scanned to relieve tumor fears if a doctor thinks that's indicated and advisable. As to the eyes, I'd definitely see an ophthalmologist. That pressure needs to be checked.

In my experience (and imagination) stress, which can grow to anxiety, etc., is the primary issue. I expend much time and effort to keep stress under control. How? With meditation, yoga, qigong, CBT, walking, the gym. Takes work and patience but can bring nice results. Wishing you the best.
Bookmark and Share

Offline noella6

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 08:03:22 AM »
Anxiety is the gift that keeps on giving, sadly!

But seriously, I didn't think you could actually 'feel' ocular pressure. I have had it for 6 yrs now and never experienced that sensation. Plus, I have never heard of any link to MS, as I have asked my GP and optician countless time for my own peace of mind!

At my most stressed, i feel as if there is a weight on top of my skull crushing me downwards. I have it today, because last night was hell for me, with more anxiety than ever.

By the way, as a chronic sinus queen I can vouch for them causing eye pressure sensations. This is highly typical of sinus, not ocular issues. I have been to the doc so many times over my sinus pain that i am almost immune to caring any more, but don't underestimate the power they have over the entire face and head - and ear, throat, etc.
I use a very simple salt spray which has been nothing short of a miracle. When i used to use a steroid spray it didnt work.

Some of the nastier symptoms caused by my sinus issues:
* feeling like someone shot bullet up my nostril.
* super dry, fiery nostrils when i breathe through them.
* extreme eye pressure pains, watering eyes, feeling like they're being pushed inwards.
* red hot face.
* pulsating pain in cheekbones and forehead.
* sensation of head pressure like it might explode.
* nasal drip and sore throat.
* ear pressure and pain.
* weird sensations on palette.
* baseball bat in face type pain.
* headache.

All terrible but not life threatening.

Anyhow, none of this sounds remotely like MS though!
Bookmark and Share
"Giants exist to deceive, they retreat if they're clearly perceived"

Offline hypomom

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 09:22:37 AM »
Oh yes, stress can cause this. Doesn't mean you shouldn't have your sinuses checked if your doctor thinks it's warrented.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lalaland

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 07:03:25 AM »
Thanks guys :)

I'll try the nasal spray until the end of the weekend get the CT scan if I see no improvement by then.

The list of sinus symptoms you've experienced is quite helpful, thanks Noella!

I'll try to concentrate on something else for a while too and see if that helps :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: