Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Simply tired of this. I want it to stop.. Please read?  (Read 346 times)

Offline Dayvid

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Simply tired of this. I want it to stop.. Please read?
« on: June 13, 2013, 06:17:45 PM »
Firstly... sorry to bore you again, if you've read my posts before. Just can't get over this.

For those of you who aren't aware, my vision has been bothering me for a while now. I have no vision problems on a constant basis (haven't ad any for going on 6 weeks) But i get random visual disturbances (bit blurry, stars etc) they last 30-40 seconds then i'm fine, and seem to correlate with staring at screens... So this again? ... Yep.

But it's less worrying about the problem... more so SICK of worrying. I can kind of "mimic" a similar sensation by straining my eyes up/left/right and it's a very similar feeling/sight as when these visual disturbances occur. So this wold perhaps suggest if i can make something similar happen by straining the eye, it's to do with eye strain? Can i ask 2 questions and maybe you can answer?

1) How can i stop worrying about this? This is the main reason for the post. I'm fine until i MAKE myself worry... so fed up of it :(

2) After so long (2.5 years) of these disturbances, and my vision is still fine. Do you think i should stop worrying as i would be ill by now if it was something bad? Apart from anxiety, i feel fine! And an optometrist said that the events are "too far apart" and "without any other symptoms" to suggest a disease. But then i'm thinking... what if i'ts a TIA, Brain problem... ANYTHING. Would i know after so long?

( Note : I suffer with sinus problems and migraines with aura (10+ years) And when these events occur i can sometimes feel an odd sensation across the bridge of my nose.. strange right? Is it muscular or sinus related???)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Simply tired of this. I want it to stop.. Please read?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 07:50:26 PM »
If something was urgently wrong you would definitely know by now.  I know what you mean about being tired of worrying!  I wish I had good advice for that - if I find something that really helps me I'll post about it :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline BlueCricket

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 01:55:23 AM »
My vision is what worries me the most apart from me thinking I have heart problems, and throat cancer...

But what I have is afterimages/ghosting. I realized that whenever I think about it, I tend to notice it A LOT MORE. I do believe it is due to anxiety what we are experiencing. Doctor told me to do things that will distract me from them, but I enjoy using my computer, and since the screen is a bit bright, whenever I shift my eyes to the sides and stuff I still see the screen for like 2 seconds before it starts to slowly fade away like a cloud. :/ Now about what you posted, whenever I turn my eyes all the way to the right or left, or all the way up and down, I see almost a dark circle from the corner of my eyes, too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LivD

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 02:36:47 AM »
Apart from engaging as deeply as I can in work or hobbies I love (at least trying to), the only way I can feel good and stop concentrating on my symptoms is... psychotherapy. Maybe I was lucky to find the right person, because now right after every session I feel and *see* better - moreover, I always have a great night of sleep afterwards. In general I'm better, even if I still have my small crises. Therapy is very cathartic for me, it gives me new points of view on things and new ways to cope, so both my mind and body feel a kind of... relief. Besides, I'm learning autogenic training with my therapist, which helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bertybotts

• Rec's: 5
  • I like a nice warm cup of tea, and helping people.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 03:33:10 AM »
Oh yea, in 2.5 years -- and no explosive progression? No other brain symptoms? No disability? No blindness? No vision loss? No hospital trips? Your health is almost guaranteed to be fine.

I really wouldn't worry. Easier said than done, but observe your symptoms and consider if they could be triggered by stress. They certainly can. People with amputated limbs can feel pain in the AMPUTATED LIMB. it doesn't exist. It was amputated. Yet, they feel it. People with spinal injuries can have orgasms by rubbing their palms on their partner's palms. The brain can be taught anything, including fear.

Consider that every time you worry: the brain is so powerful people have mental orgasms that feel just as strong as your genital orgasms, but they do it with their HANDS. They are taught this. Incredible, no?  :-*
Bookmark and Share
I will endure any pain, as long as it has meaning.

Offline Dayvid

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 07:57:03 AM »
Thanks for replying guys, I do feel better.

Betty it's interesting you say anxiety... These disturbances started at around the same time my derealization kicked in due to severe worry... Maybe it's a link..

Thanks again guys
Bookmark and Share

Offline howahkan

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Hungry
    Hungry
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 09:28:25 AM »
1. I'm not a therapist, I don't know how many people are but people frequently ask this question. A good few things to do are, Stop seeking reassurance, get some real therapy, and distract yourself. Reassurance seeking is bad for you. Its when you give up on being logical and rational and you depend on other people to do that for you, giving up on rationalizing things for yourself. Like you said, we are all usually fine until we make ourselves worry. Therapy is very important to learning where your flawed thinking patterns lay and learning coping skills and stratagies specifically tailored to yourself. Distract yourself. Instead of talking about whatever the object of your obsession is, talk to someone else. Get a hobby, work on your hobby, go for a walk, play video games. The list goes on.

2. I don't know why youre asking this of me because I'm not a doctor. A doctor gave you a clean bill of health.
Bookmark and Share
Blessed Be.

Tags: anxiety eyes vision