Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Possible buise that left a permanent mark? [With picture]  (Read 1075 times)

Offline jenkyleg

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: Possible buise that left a permanent mark? [With picture]
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 11:44:10 AM »
I've tried really hard not to itch or rub it in the off chance that it heals...but I'm still freaked out by it. I seem to remember a time where I just assumed the red spot was a cherry angioma, but now I'm not so sure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenkyleg

• Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 12:04:33 PM »
I am immensely sorry for bumping this thread, but I have another concern: I scratched (I know I shouldn't have) the area and messed around with it a lot. It made it kind of red and angry, but I noticed something: several of those small circles/bump-like things (you can see them in the previous photos) got angry, red, and started shedding a little dry skin. Huh? I applied some lotion, but now the area looks more red and inflamed than usual.

I'm wondering: could this be evidence AGAINST melanoma and for something else like keratosis pilaris? I've googled a million times and nothing really looks like I have. Last night, I almost cried at the thought of having melanoma. I REALLY don't want to have cancer. Like I said before, I'm going to a doctor when I can (some time this month), but until then, I'm full of worry, dread, and doubt.
Bookmark and Share

Offline RobynJ

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 02:57:56 PM »
You've said it yourself in your own post, you've created it to be red & sore etc by itching it! I'm absolutely sure it isn't cancer, it's all your HA making you believe these things. I've also had myself in tears many times from believing I had a terrible illness, again it's all HA. What you don't want to do is get yourself so worked up that you don't believe the doctor when you see him/her as that happens to me and it makes you feel even worse. Please do not Google, it will not reassure you!

Are you on any medication for your anxiety? If you are you may want to discuss perhaps a higher dosage or if you aren't it's definitely something you should discuss with your doctor. I was in a really bad state like you before I started taking my daily medication and it does help. You'll be fine :) Try find something to distract yourself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenkyleg

• Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 03:15:11 PM »
I'm not actually on any medication...without insurance, my options have been a little limited. I got a lot better for a while, then got worse again recently. I guess my next step is to see a dermatologist, and then after that...no idea. I've always wanted to treat my anxiety without the use of mood-altering drugs.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: