Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Waking Up Feeling Like I Got Hit By A Truck/Horrendous Sleep  (Read 1010 times)

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
Waking Up Feeling Like I Got Hit By A Truck/Horrendous Sleep
« on: April 17, 2013, 01:10:01 PM »
I have terrible sleep deprivation problems, I wake up 2-3 hours a night and I often have to turn on my music in order to block out intrusive thoughts and go back to sleep. When I do wake up, I feel like I got hit by a bus, completely ache ridden, and almost as if I got the flu. This gets better throughout the day. Does anyone else with anxiety experience this? I also have a lack of appetite with the medication I'm on [Zoloft. 25 mg] and tiredness. I just want to enjoy life again, and Zoloft is just now starting to level out in my head...and I don't really feel much on it, which is why I am probably going to taper off of it beginning this Friday- which will be 5 weeks on the meds. Any tips for better sleep? This isn't in the HA thread because I'm not really anxious about this, it's just annoying.  :(
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Waking Up Feeling Like I Got Hit By A Truck/Horrendous Sleep
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:31:11 AM »
Meds can act in different ways for different people. The dose you are on is a very low dose. Some folk take 3 times that amount or even more. Seems like you need something to help knock you out and relax you. Remeron comes to mind. It would knock an elephant out. But I am no doctor. It works great for me. I take it and within an hour my eyes just want to shut. But I use a radio too. Just to relax me as I drift off to sleep. Can all be about finding out what works for us. I am not sure if you are planning on knocking the idea of meds on the heads? If so maybe try something natural. Lots of things out there people use. Because sleep is important. We need it. Hope you manage to sort something out.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 09:05:55 AM »
Meds can act in different ways for different people. The dose you are on is a very low dose. Some folk take 3 times that amount or even more. Seems like you need something to help knock you out and relax you. Remeron comes to mind. It would knock an elephant out. But I am no doctor. It works great for me. I take it and within an hour my eyes just want to shut. But I use a radio too. Just to relax me as I drift off to sleep. Can all be about finding out what works for us. I am not sure if you are planning on knocking the idea of meds on the heads? If so maybe try something natural. Lots of things out there people use. Because sleep is important. We need it. Hope you manage to sort something out.
I am planning to go the natural route once I am off of Zoloft by taking melatonin, which I took for 2 years due to insomnia issues. I usually put on music to go to sleep when I can't sleep. I do need to find some way to stay asleep at night, however.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 01:42:15 PM »
UPDATE: I no longer really wake up feeling like I got hit by a car, I just wake up with bland emotion. I still have insomnia problems. Today is the day that I speak to my doctor about tapering off of Zoloft, and I will update you on my condition after going and seeing my doc.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Tags: