Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: very scared, need to talk please help me!!  (Read 411 times)

Offline tanya boston

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
very scared, need to talk please help me!!
« on: March 17, 2013, 02:59:14 AM »
Hi everyone, i posted two days ago about a bad tooth that i feared got infected. I was really freaked and now im even more freaked.

I have had two teeth prior to this one pulled but none of those were infected. Okay so almost three weeks ago i went to the dentist because i had been having tooth pain and it was getting worse. They told me i needed it pulled but i didnt have the 300 bucks they wanted. I also told them about this hole in my gum that had just developed. The asst told me she thought it was a cut from a piece of food. So a few days ago i came up with all the money in good time to cause i figured my tooth was infected, the small hole was still there over two weeks later and i had a really nasty taste in my mouth. The dentist looked at the whole and told me it was a little tunnel that came from my bad tooth to drain. I told him i thought my tooth was infected and he didnt say anything and pulled my tooth. He gave me a z pack and some pain meds

Okay, i am worried because my face is swollen and i have this really gross taste in my mouth, way worse then before. Its been about 36 hours since it was pulled. The pain is very mild but this nasty taste and smell have me scared. I am afraid im going to get a blood infection. Another thing is he told me to take one pill from the zpack per day. Well i notice the pack says take two right away and then one a day. I took one at 4pm yesterday and one at 10am today. So i took two within 24 hours but not two at the same time. It has me worried my infection will spread cause i didnt do it right.

I never had this nasty taste and smell when i had my other teeth pulled and everyone keeps telling me im going to get blood infection cause you dont pull infected teeth, that you treat them first.

I have bad health anxiety and i am really scared. I dont want to die.

Anyone ever have an infected tooth pulled or have this nasty taste and smell afterwards?? I thought the taste and smell would be gone after tooh was pulled but its getting worse...

Bookmark and Share

Offline tanya boston

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: very scared, need to talk please help me!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 03:00:48 AM »
Oh and everyone keeps telling me a z pack will do nothing for a tooth infection. Im allergic to pencillen so thats what they gave me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dayvid

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 10:45:03 AM »
Of course i'm not a doctor and i haven't had this problem before but i have searched for wisdom tooth problems (as i think mine are on their way..)

I know you didn't state it was wisdom teeth and i'm sure it can be any tooth. But the bad taste may be due to an infection and the smells you described are probably common after a tooth being pulled. (i've read that somewhere... quite a few people have mentioned it) Everything is related (mouth,nose,eyes and the rest of your face) etc. Much like sinus problems can cause pain in your teeth.

I'm not going to say it ISN'T a "blood infection" but that sounds pretty grim.... If it's an infection it will [[probably be around the tooth and not your entire blood stream. Although, if it is an infection you should get something to treat it.

People get their teeth pulled all the time, i'm sure if you speak to your doctor he'll know exactly what to do.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 12:39:09 PM »
The odds of you getting a blood infection from the tooth are very remote. I had a friend of mine who had the same issue
as you did and he is fine.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Allochka

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 03:11:48 AM »
Hello,

do you have an elevated body temperature, or generally feeling unwell? These are the signs of infection. If not - I highly doubt you have anything to worry about. Bad taste is probably from the bad tissues, left after the tooth was pulled.
You say your pain is very mild - this is good. I had a "dry socket" in December, well, I must say there were no doubts that smth is wrong - pain was very intense and getting worse.
But even infection or dry socket is notyhing to worry about - you' ll get some antiobiotics and make extra visits to an oral surgeon. It' s painful, but you won't die from it :yes:
If it persist - visit the dentist again, he' ll clean the wound. But believe me, nobody dies from such things!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: