Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Would really appreciate any insight  (Read 258 times)

Offline sweetnspunky

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Would really appreciate any insight
« on: March 15, 2013, 03:26:45 AM »
I am going to try explain this. I really don't know if anyone can relate, but if you do please let me know I'm not alone in feeling this way. I have had anxiety almost my whole life. It would seem to  come and go throughout my childhood. When I was 14 I suffered a panic attack that would change everything. It was different from the rest I had before. I kept tellilng my parents I was going crazy. It was the first time I remember suffering from derealization. Nothing felt real anymore. After that panic attack I have never felt the same. My anxiety has never left and I now have depression ontop of the anxiety. It has been 13 years now and I still feel different from when I use to. I still feel like the people around me are not the same people I use to know. I really feel I am in another diminsion than the one I once knew. I know it sounds insane but it is how I feel and often worry I have died and now in hell. Though when my anxiety and depression aren't bad I don't think about all this even though I know things feel  different than before. I know things can never be or feel like they use to but I just wonder why I feel this way. Can anyone relate at all? I am afraid I am the only one to feel this way.
Bookmark and Share
Let It Be

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Would really appreciate any insight
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 07:49:20 AM »
May not be the exact same. But I don't think we ever feel the exact same as we once did before the anxiety kicked in. I used to say it was like life was going at 100 mph and I was going 10 mph. Such were things so distorted. I recall one day going to the shops with my mother. I actually brought an xmas tree home. I went to my bedroom. I was out of it. After a quick nap I went downstairs and asked my mother, ' when where we going to the shops '? I had no memory at all of ever been to those shops. Another day a car skidded up to miss me when I was out walking. To me the car seemed far away. It wasn't really. On the plus side of things this phase simply passed by itself. There was no magic cure for it. Seriously it just stopped. But life before anxiety and life now are still two different things.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Fable8

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Would really appreciate any insight
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 03:00:55 AM »
I have had a couple of episodes where i felt like nothing was real anymore everything just felt different than usual but they passed and most things went back to normal each time I had to snap myself out of it the longest this ever went fore was a week and the best i can describe it is that i was in a sort of fog most times i snapped out of it by listening to music I would just usually listen to Eminem's recovery album songs like talking to myself/ going threw changes or Beautiful on his relapse album and those songs usually snap me out of it so i would say just listen to music you like and try to really listen to the lyrics and try to relate always remember you're not alone on this  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: