Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: No more symptoms please! Burning this time.  (Read 422 times)

Offline Catesykes

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Scared!
    • Poke This Member
No more symptoms please! Burning this time.
« on: March 13, 2013, 10:16:30 AM »
Here we go again, just feeling calmer and getting used to the odd sensations I'd been having. Then out of nowhere a burning sensation in my left palm. Is this anxiety?
 Or a symptom of something else? Any advice gratefully received!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ejmommy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: No more symptoms please! Burning this time.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 10:57:46 AM »
Oh I hate the burning sensations! My whole thing actually started with a burning sensation in my feet so many months ago. That went away after a bit but it comes back occasionally still. I also get it in my hands and legs sometimes too. I guess it must be a symptom of anxiety because I've been tested for everything else in the free world and they haven't found any other cause. Isn't this fun??  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Applewine

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 01:07:14 PM »
I get burning and water sensations all over. I especially get water sensations in my feet when walking. Sometimes the sensations are random and sometimes they are provoked by pressure. I'm hoping it is related to diet or nutrition. I was doing low carb diets both times it happened and was about 6 months in each time. last time it lasted about 6-12 months and went away for over a year.

Hopefully if it is diet or nutrition it will go away again and not come back if I don't do any weird diets again. PM me, maybe we can share information.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 04:03:25 PM »
Oh I can certainly relate to your anguish.  I've had a prickly sensation in the skin of my legs for 2 years.  I've had it before too, but it went away.  I've been tested thoroughly and no reason has been discovered.  I also get an adrenaline surging feeling in my chest.  Fun, fun!  It can get so depressing at times.  Hang in there everyone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaner

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Judge not, lest ye be judged.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 04:12:34 PM »
I actually had terminal spinal cancer. Then, after consulting another surgeon, I was given a 25% chance of survival, which was better than zero.

I only bring this up, so that it ties in with what I'm going to tell you next.

On one of my follow-up visits, my surgeon thanked me for "not calling him every hour like many of his patients." I told him I didn't understand what he meant. He said, "Shane, everyone, regardless of whether they are healthy or not, is going to experience different sensations and pains, sometimes for some people, continuously throughout the day. The body is complex and 99.9% of the time these sensations etc. are benign and mean nothing."

Although I truly sympathize with your pain and worrying (I too worry all the time), the reality is, it's nothing. The more we focus and watch for "stuff" the more stuff we'll feel, or think we feel.

I understand your anxiety as I too suffer from worrying about things. However, you are totally fine.

Peace and God Bless...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Applewine

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 07:20:19 PM »
I have water, burning, stinging and other strange sensations all over. I suppose they could be benign, but I don't want to have even have benign symptoms. If it is benign I'd like to know and to fix it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pyr

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 08:24:16 PM »
I hold my tension in my stiff neck and shoulders.  My anxiety "burning" or whatever you want to attribute it to, starts at the base of my neck and both of my arms burn like crazy until ultimately they turn icy hot.   WHen this happens, sleeping in any position is impossible, I want to be suspended in mid air!

I too have been tested like crazy emgs, spinal taps, 100's of blood tests all normal.   The only theory I have is that everytime I have a "flare" (which for me happens every 2-5 years). I am under an extreme amount of anxiety/stress and/or a virus preceded it.  I truly believe in the viability of post viral syndrome.  I had a terrible flu in December and then a herpes (oral!) outbreak in January and low and behold, have been twitching and burning since.....   I looked back at old medical records from 15 years ago and noticed the doctors notes, and it notes "burning arm pain at night can't sleep"--  I guess it has to be benign if its been around 15 years but I agree, I would love a name for it (actually my neuro suggested it could be fibro or part of benign fasciculation syndrome).

Now my burning has become more diffuse -- tops of knees, tops of fees, in addition to the muscles in my upper body.  I sometimes getting burning up over the top of my ears or I get icy head feeling like shivery cold.

I also think it can be medication related (SSRIs, benzo's, etc).

Bookmark and Share

Tags: