Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition  (Read 6810 times)

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2014, 08:21:42 AM »
Sorry your problem needed surgery. That bad. And, sure, you have to do what you need to. If others don't like it, too bad for them.

It is not surprising the weight is harder to get off now. Guess what? The toughest part comes when you've reached your goal and you are on maintenance. Our efforts can never ease up. You have a great attitude and that means everything. Have high hopes for frozen fruit bars to replace the ice cream.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2014, 08:30:18 PM »
ty Tinam

My backs doing much better. Sometimes it's hard to remember when my back is really bad, that it does improve!.

I did 1000 steps today. My goal is to do 2000 steps this month, but so far i've only ever been able to do 1500 steps, but hopefully sometime this month, I'll be able to do it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2014, 08:04:49 AM »
Glad your back is better. With gentle attention we can help it along.

You want to also be gentle with your exercise goals. Always listen to your body and don't fault yourself if you do less than you intend. Our energy levels vary based on who knows what. The barometer? A mystery, really. I try to go with however I feel, with acceptance. The weight issue is mostly governed by intake anyway, as has been my experience.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #183 on: June 10, 2014, 08:03:18 PM »
I couldn't sleep last night bcs I was anxious about a 4 hour gastric emptying test I had to take this morning, but instead of freaking out, watching the clock, and taking more and more medication to try to sleep, I just rested, but I have to admit, I did have to turn the clock around where I couldn't see it bcs I found I kept checking the clock even though I was resigned with not being able to sleep.

But despite not sleeping, I still had energy to workout, and I still did 1000 steps on the stair stepper. Learning I can function the next day without sleep is probably going to help me sleep bcs in the past I would freak out when I couldn't sleep bcs I thought I wouldn't be able to function the next day, but I function perfectly fine without sleep, unless I get desperate and start taking more and more medication in an attempt to sleep and knowing I can function without sleep takes the pressure off to sleep which will, ironically, probably lead to sleep  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #184 on: June 11, 2014, 07:42:01 AM »
Hope procedure went OK. You have a good attitude about sleep. The body will draw on reserves and then sleep center in brain will kick in. I think meds for sleep are a mistake. They disempower the natural sleep function in the brain.

When I change from day to night clothes, I remove all cares, all worries, all concerns. Sometimes I'll help it along with a tablespoon of wine, more of a placebo than anything else. I love the peace of sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #185 on: June 11, 2014, 08:14:38 PM »
Glad your back is better. With gentle attention we can help it along.

You want to also be gentle with your exercise goals. Always listen to your body and don't fault yourself if you do less than you intend. Our energy levels vary based on who knows what. The barometer? A mystery, really. I try to go with however I feel, with acceptance. The weight issue is mostly governed by intake anyway, as has been my experience.

I think you're right about the weight issue being mostly governed by intake Tinam. The scale says I've gained 7 pounds in the last three days and I exercised every one of those three days. I'm hoping at least half of that weight is water weight because I've eaten a lot of food, but it was all real food, no cake, ice cream, or anything like that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2014, 07:22:14 AM »
Glad you agree because I do believe it is true. I'll pig-out on soup, all good ingredients, and pay a price anyway. But not for long as I seek revenge with vim and vigor.

Sometimes I watch Dr. Oz. He's always full of tips with his practical illustrations. The man goes from heart surgeon to buffoon. The other day he had on the trainer from The Biggest Loser. Showed nice moves that can be done at home. To repeat from someone else: we soldier on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #187 on: June 12, 2014, 08:46:35 PM »
I had a great workout today. I attribute it to drinking a whey protein, almond milk, and banana shake three hours before exercising. Normally, i don't eat anything before exercising. The good workout could also be a result of exercising later in the day, I'm just not the kind of person who is at his best in the morning, but I did 1300 steps, 700 steps fommy goal of doing 2000 steps at least once this month.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2014, 07:53:08 AM »
This is excellent planning, esp. if you manage to have only water after the workout. If you are too worked up for sleep, try meditation.

We are almost midway through June, plenty of time to reach goals for July 4th. Then we can have hot dogs and baked beans and a choc. covered cone at Dairy Queen. :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2014, 08:12:59 PM »
I had an awesome workout today! I did 2000 steps on the stair stepper, so I can mark of the goal of doing 2000 steps at least once this month, so I guess it's time to work on July's goal of doing 2500 steps  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #190 on: June 14, 2014, 08:54:47 AM »
Nice going but don't aim too high or you set yourself up for disappointment. Does the machine keep track of the count?

Am almost where I want to be on the scale. Now that means big danger zone follows. Have developed a new problem with Wafers from Walmart in flavors. In addition, keep looking at Costco's ad for drumsticks. If they find their way into the freezer, it's all over.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #191 on: June 14, 2014, 10:39:57 AM »
The machine keeps track of some things, but it doesn't keep track of the number of steps. I count them out one at a time in groups of 100. I think the machine keeps track of flights of stairs or something. It also keeps track of calories, but one thing the machine will do is shut down and say, 'congratulations you finished your workout,' or something like that and I'll have to shut off the machine and start it over again, which takes less than 30 seconds. So I just start counting the number of steps from where I was before the machine shut down, but it is a little annoying, but it's something I could probably figure out.

I know what you mean about the ice cream Tinam. I learned how to make cheese sauce last week, so I ate eggs benedict several days in a row, and the cheese sauce consists of 3 tablespoons of butter, 3 tablespoons of flour, and 2% milk and then the eggs benedict consists of 4 eggs, 4 pieces of ham, and 4 muffins. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's over 1000 calories.

I actually gained 7 pounds in three days, and it takes me a month to lose 5 pounds, and that's working out several days a week and being disciplined with what I eat. So I guess I have to nix the eggs benedict if I want to lose, rather than gain weight-sigh-lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #192 on: June 14, 2014, 11:09:45 AM »
It is so nice to learn things in the kitchen but NOT cheese sauce. Try plain scrambled eggs, one piece of toast. Here is an idea: sugar free jello, add fruit cocktail (scoop out of juice), cut in banana and top with light whipped when ready. Lovely. Next to no calorie count. You can have two portions.

That's an awful lot of counting. Could be good for the brain. :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #193 on: July 02, 2014, 02:47:49 PM »
My anxiety for a long time has decreased my appetite, because of that I either eat and never feel full or never bother unless I have to take medication (like the anxiety medication I just started  :bigsmile:) with or if my head tells me that I'm hungry. How this all relates is that I've lost a lot of weight in a month (13 pounds) considering that I generally lose a pound a week. is this unhealthy with the general explanation that my anxiety is causing my appetite loss (not to mention weight loss)? I like where my weight is heading but am upset that I have little to no drive to eat... even my medication has appetite reduction as a side effect.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2014, 12:22:32 PM »
Sorry Smalm I can't answer your question for you. I'd ask your Dr.

May I ask what medication your on whose side effect is appetite reduction???
Bookmark and Share