Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition  (Read 5134 times)

Offline GenSec

• Rec's: 54
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2014, 08:47:41 AM »
Okay... at my weekly weigh-in today, i lost another 1 lb....

This is beginning to worry me! :fragend005: I had a stressful week and i honestly didn't stick to the eating plan. I sometimes drank more than 1 can of cola a day, i even slipped up during the week and had a takeaway meal i enjoy but have seriously cut back on! Should i be losing weight? Great, i'm starting to think something wrong with me. :sad0141:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2014, 01:27:33 PM »
I wouldn't worry GenSec. It sounds like the changes you've made are working, like taking less takeaway, even if you're not doing everything you planned on doing.

March was a bad month for me. The past six months I've lost at least 5 pounds a month, but this March not only did I not lose 5 pounds, but I gained 5 pounds!

I'm not sure exactly what I did. I exercised like usuall. The only thing I did differently in March is I put maple syrup on my yoghurt, blueberries, and walnuts instead of honey, so delicious lol. So, I've started being cognizant of how much maple syrup I'm using.

After working out today, I wanted to eat fast food, but I didn't, and instead, I came home and had a almond milk, banana, and whey protein shake, so success lol.

I was so freaked out about gaining weight this month that I did 1000 steps on the stair stepper two days in a row. My previous best was only 550 steps.
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Offline GenSec

• Poke This Member
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2014, 01:16:47 PM »
It sounds like that Maple syrup is cheating you of your progress! :winking0008: Fortunately one of the things i don't like is maple syrup, nor honey. :angry-smiley-034:

I would say that 6 months weight loss in an unbroken row is a major achievement. When put into context, that 1 month of weight gain is just a blip. A minor matter. Not something that strikes me as odd. I count my progress in weeks rather than months, but even i have had the odd week every month where i make no progress. It was disheartening at first; though now i see that staying the course, persevering with the plan, will always see beneficial results in the longer run. The weight will come off. When we're doing the right things it has to!

Best,
Gen.

Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2014, 03:09:19 PM »
Thanks GenSec!

Well...last night my roomate made chocolate cake, and I didn't eat any, so success lol

That's the first time that I've turned down chocolate cake lol
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2014, 08:31:37 AM »
You get a burst of gold stars for resisting choc. cake. A great start for April.

Have not resisted anything choc. Eat at Wendy's and top if off with a choc. frosty. Discover Pepitos, dark choc. covered pumpkin seeds (I think), mix them with choc. chips (the kind you search for in choc. chip cookies) and down the mix by the handful. Then I've discovered chocolate wafers at Walmart. Think I'll have one. No, two. No, three. No, four. Mercy. Choc. tiger is running wild. How will I drive him back into the cage?
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2014, 11:25:27 AM »
Thanks Tinam!

I absolutely love cake, especially chocolate cake-lol.

I don't think the chocolate you're eating like the chocolate in chocolate chip cokies is that bad. It's dark chocolate, and dark chocolate is supposed to be healthy.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2014, 04:18:20 PM »
I was one pound away from my goal this morning and it's only the 9th. So, hopefully, I'll be successful this month. Of course, my goal this month is just to weigh less than I did one month ago-lol. As long as I'm losing weight, I consider it a success no matter how much weight it is!
Bookmark and Share

Offline GenSec

• Poke This Member
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2014, 07:52:22 AM »
For first time since I started this diet it looks like I'm going to end up GAINING weight this week. ::) Kinda discouraging, but nevermind.

There are a number of small reasons I can think of for the setback... 1. at the start of the week a relative fell ill and we were forced to eat a quick and convenient takeaway, 2. I've been eating some 'healthy' noodles in the afternoons and on reflection, they probably aren't that healthy... 3. I've been drinking rum occasionally this week, and that's pretty packed with sugar. From now on I'm never buying any again, even though it was formerly my favourite drink.

Another reason is that once my body got below 14 Stones, I knew it would fight harder to retain the weight. My body seems to see the number 14 as 'normal' for me and begins resisting my weight-loss efforts.

And don't talk to me about chocolate... I haven't even touched any in about a fortnight! :mad0228: And even then I gain weight.

Well, on the bright side... it means I don't have to worry myself about losing weight too easily and therefore being diabetic or something, lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2014, 04:10:29 PM »
It's OK Gensec we're all going to have a bad week or two (or in my case bad months-lol) the important thing is to not give up completely when faced with setbacks every now and again!

It's a beautiful day today in the Pacific Northwest which is great bcs it's been raining for weeks! I have a fence I could build today but I'm going to save it for one of my lite days bcs I already went to town and worked out today.

On the days I don't go to town I'm usually bored out of my mind if I don't have anything to do.

Unfortunately, It costs around 20 dollars in gas every time I go to the gym, so I try to workout at the gym every other day, which is OK bcs it gives my body the opportunity to recover, so it maximizes my workouts.

On the days I don't workout I try to do something lite like walking my dog on the beach, working on an art project, or in the case of tomorrow building a fence!
Bookmark and Share

Offline MomOF7

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2014, 11:33:34 PM »
Hello. My weight loss goal is to loose 100 lbs. I already lost 40lbs. I joined t.o.p.s and do weight watchers food program. I go swimming and do a lot of walking
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2014, 07:29:01 AM »
Welcome, welcome. Know about tops and weight watchers. Both can be quite effective.

Boredom can be a serious problem. There is a book by Marianne Williamson, Course in Weight Loss, where she speaks to spiritual voids. She partners with Oprah. Half read, I had to return it to the library because I had more cravings for chocolate than ever.

Support from others can be very helpful. Best of luck to us all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline GenSec

• Poke This Member
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2014, 10:52:31 AM »
Hello. My weight loss goal is to loose 100 lbs. I already lost 40lbs. I joined t.o.p.s and do weight watchers food program. I go swimming and do a lot of walking

Impressive, well done! :winking0008: Another person who makes me look like a mere lightweight in all this due to their committed endeavour, haha! :laugh3:

Best,
Gen.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2014, 11:43:56 AM »

Great job Momof7!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2014, 05:14:53 PM »
My neighbor had knee surgery, and he asked me if I would till his basketball court sized garden, and I told him I would.

He retired from the army, and I've never used a rototiller before, so I was anxious that I wouldn't be able to do it, and I would let him down, and I bet I wouldn't of been able to do it if I had not been working out, especially on the stair stepper. It was really difficult, but I was able to finish it, as he looked on, and he was really happy, so I was really happy!

This morning I was really sore from tilling, but I went to the gym anyways, and I was able to do  over 1000 steps on the stair stepper in addition to lifting!

I can actually see my abs now which is cool, even though my purpose isn't looking better, it's still nice to look better  :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2014, 09:02:42 AM »
This gets me all excited. Doing something for someone they can't do themselves is probably about as good as it gets for both. You helped him and you proved something important to yourself. Fantastic.

Now vanity can be a bad thing, but also a good thing. It can be a potent motivator to keep in shape. Who wants a gut hanging over pants? There are plenty of exercises to get rid of that fat which produces bad hormones. A weak gut can also fail to support the spine. So how many sit-ups will we do? To get me going I play music. You may want to rest your body for now and bask in the glow of helping your neighbor.
Bookmark and Share