Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition  (Read 10699 times)

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2014, 04:08:15 PM »
Well I asked a trainer about the stair stepper today, and he said they took it out of the workout room to fix it!  :happy0151:

I generally avoid the treadmill, but I learned today, the steeper I set the treadmill, and the slower I walk, the less impact it has on my back. It's not as good as the stair stepper, but at least it's something.

I also walk my dog on the beach when the weather is OK. Walking on the sand is a great workout for someone with a bad back like me. The sand softens the impact, and walking in the sand is also a great workout. Walking on concrete is painful, but I can walk on the beach for miles. I'm literally dripping with sweat and my calves are burning after I walk on the beach. It's also great for my dog too of course. The beaches in WA state aren't that populated so you don't have to use a leash, so there's usually other dogs she can play with  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 88
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2014, 08:09:56 AM »
How nice that stair stepper will return. Is there a better setting for walking? Not that I know of. Walking is really very good exercise and good for the soul and spirit.

Back issues can be helped with attention. Abs need to be strengthened, yoga stretches can be good. You can see exercises on You Tube. Some are on all fours, some seated, some on stomach, some on back. Eating out requires planning and ingenuity but can be managed. Sometimes you get two for one, one meal out the other to take home.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2014, 08:14:56 PM »
I put the treadmill on a 13 degree incline(really steap) and I walked for one mile at 2.5 mph(really slow) and I was dripping in sweat. It was so great, not as good as the stair stepper but great.

There wasn't much impact on my back bcs I was walking so slowly, but it was still a great workout.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2014, 08:08:16 AM »
A treadmill on an incline is a workout and a half. But you must be on guard.

Body may wake up and demand rewards for such punishment. Milk shakes, ice cream floats, sundaes, etc. etc. Watch out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2014, 07:48:19 PM »
So true Tinam!

I'm so stoked! I made my weightloss goal this month of 5 pounds! I really thought again, for the second month, I wasn't going to succeed this month, but I did!

I'm trying to decide what my reward will be this month. Last month it was Chinese food. I'm on the fence this month. Should I get Chinese food again, or should I get fish-n-chips  :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 08:39:43 AM »
5 lbs. in a month is terrific. Give yourself many gold stars and whatever is most enticing in the food department. For me it is a choc. frosty at Wendy's or a handful (or more, ha ha) of choc. covered nuts.

Then we start all over again. Never guilt, never punishment, just cheery "onward."
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2014, 09:44:17 PM »
TY Tinam

I took your advice today. Since I met my goal yesterday, today was my cheat/reward day, which was convenient since I had to go to Seaside Oregon today to drop off a board and buy some fins, so I was able to enjoy some of the fast food establishments there.

Tomorrow, I begin work on the next 5 pound goal  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2014, 05:25:06 PM »
I wish I actually lost weight surfing instead of ganing weight, but somehow I gain weight surfing.

It's counter-intuitive, but the more I surf, the more weight I gain. I'm trying not to eat as much as I normally do after surfing, but I ate a good amount of food and I'm still hungry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2014, 08:32:27 AM »
Sure can understand how upsetting this can be. Maybe surfing is too big a calorie burner so that you then end up eating more than normally and it is still not enough to be satisfying.

The key is not to get discouraged. Try and keep a daily record of what you eat to see where you maybe can cut back. Maybe skip surfing for a while. I give myself a 5 lb. safe zone. If I go over, I must cut back but never give in. We keep at it. A new day, a new possibility.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2014, 11:51:21 AM »
Thanks for the advice Tinam!

It's weird when I exercise in the gym it suppresses my appetite for several hours. However, immediatly after I surf, I'm famished. I think it's because of the cold water IDK...

But one of the primary reasons I'm working so hard to lose weight is to surf better. I think I'm going to do with surfing what I do when I feel like binging at night. I'm going to eat something high in protein and low in fat and carbs like cottage cheese first before I eat anything else.
Bookmark and Share