Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Any of you parents ever experienced this?  (Read 199 times)

Offline rr2005

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Any of you parents ever experienced this?
« on: March 09, 2013, 12:57:10 PM »
My 6 yo has been sickly for a few months now with recurrent strep infections. We have taken her to both our family physician and a pediatrician. The pediatrician did blood work and said some of her levels were slightly elevated, but they were at numbers consistent with strep and that an x-ray showed some inflammation in her lungs. We are trying a new antibiotic now. Her appetite is good, but she has lost a couple of pounds and looks pale to me. I am scared to death that something is seriously wrong with her. As any parent knows, that thought is more terrifying that any thought I've ever had about myself having a disease. Am I projecting my HA onto her now? Have any of you parents ever experienced anything like this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline megaT

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Any of you parents ever experienced this?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:43:15 AM »
Definitely!  When my kid gets a headache, it's a brain tumor. When my child gets a fever or stomachache, it's leukemia.  My youngest (kindergarten) wasn't eating her lunch at school and said her stomach hurt in the morning.  This happened a lot, continually, until I figured out she was nervous and scared of one of the lunchroom helpers.  Yes, I definitely freak when my kids don't feel normal. There is a family we know well whose little boy has neuroblastoma, and I think that contributes to some of my anxiety over sick kids. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sassparella

• Queen of Health Anxiety
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 04:28:23 AM »
I always used to worry when my kids were ill, they're not kids now they've grown up but I still worry about them if they're not feeling right. I think even parents that don't have HA worry about their kids, it's what being a parent is all about :) I hope your little one feels better soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Angelofworry

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 10:57:07 PM »
I do this all the time!! My DD is 14 months and has been battling one sickness after another for the past 3 months! Of course I'm petrified that she has something! Kiddos get sick and we parents worry. Just part of the drill I guess.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: