Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does this sound like a panic attack?  (Read 287 times)

Offline Mir

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Does this sound like a panic attack?
« on: March 09, 2013, 05:24:52 AM »
I had an episode (which I've mentioned before) almost year ago when, during an extreme bought of anxiety, I almost passed out in the grocery store. I'm going to be spending the days (not night thankfully) alone for the first time since then and my worry is that I'll faint at home alone and no one will find me until much later. I'm worried it's heart issues (in the most deadly brand you have, of course) as I've not had something like this happen before. I was DXed with anxiety after this and several other times where I felt dizzy though they were never as bad. And I felt as though my father was nudging the doctor into an anxiety DX because it was the easiest answer. (however I did see two different doctors and spent one night in the er and was still given the all clear. At the time I was worried about a brain tumor and not my heart though, and I'm afraid that may have lead them to miss something?)

According to my father my face went white, I became nauseous and told him I thought I needed to lie down. My hearing was decreased and my vision was very blurry. I had a hard time walking properly. I sat down, had a cold drink, and it passed. I don't remember having any palpitations before during or after the event. I just feel like if it had been a panic attack I'd have had one as bad since? I'm also unsure if panic attacks can make you feel this way? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mir

• Poke This Member
Re: Does this sound like a panic attack?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 05:33:25 AM »
And I should point out that at the time I was not taking very good care of myself at all. I didn't eat sleep or hydrate probably. It was also at least 80 degrees and I was wearing a jacket. So while I see there are begin causes other than panic attack I simply have a very hard time believe that's what it was? And that is a very common attitude here haha!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mir

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »
Any opinion on this anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Evap

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 10:17:47 PM »
Sounds just like a panic attack to me! I've never had a panic attack quite as bad as my very first.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mir

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 04:15:34 AM »
Okay! Well, that DOES make me feel a lot better. Thank you dear. And it probably was me first REAL panic attack so that maybe why it was so bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sassparella

• Queen of Health Anxiety
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 04:25:58 AM »
It sounds like a panic attack or maybe a touch of low blood pressure or effects from the heat. Whatever it was sounds like a benign cause. I understand how you feel though, I had some awful panic attacks a year and a half ago and ended up in a psychiatric hospital, after I came out the first time I was on my own for a day, I was really worried. You'll be fine, just try and find things to do to occupy yourself while you're alone and take your mind off it all.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: panic attack