Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Constant fear of heart attack :( I'm 23  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Khadijah

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Constant fear of heart attack :( I'm 23
« on: March 08, 2013, 09:54:21 AM »
Hi all

I have constant negative thoughts, mainly when I am alone, thinking 'what If I have a heart attack right now and die'... I am convinced my brain is warning me, although I have no pain to be worried about! This is taking over my life

Does this sound like cardio phobia or anxiety?

It has lead to panic attacks :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline summer17

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant fear of heart attack :( I'm 23
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 11:39:29 AM »
I have this same fear and I'm the same age! If I get even a small pain in my chest or a twinge in my left arm it's "oh my god I'm about to die!" I even begged my doctor to give me an EKG so I could know my heart was in good shape, but he said "you're 23 and healthy, heart problems don't run in your family, why would you need an EKG?" I just have to remind myself that the chances I'll have a heart attack are very very slim. Not very helpful, but just wanted to say you're not the only one!
Bookmark and Share

Offline heathers

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 09:21:56 PM »
I've also been having this fear and I'm 22. When I get anxious my heart just starts pounding and I have a difficult time breathing. Then for days after an attack, I'll still have heart papillations. To make myself feel more secure about my heart health, I've been eating healthier. I've looked up all the 'heart healthy' food and make sure to eat a couple of those a week and started cardio workouts. I don't know if I feel better yet but hoping it helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LivingLife

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 01:44:04 AM »
I'm in the exact same situation, I'm a 23 year old 160 pound, fairly fit male. Ever since my first panic attack I've had this constant fear of heart attacks every day. I sometimes evaluate my self to see if I have any jaw pain or left arm pain, chest pain or any other heart attack symptoms and if I feel the slightest uncertainty or uncomfort, I start freaking out for a bit. I've been eating super healthy, and do cardio because I want to watch out for my heart. I went to a cardiologists, he says my problem is anxiety and I had an echo done and he said he a saw slight regurgitation in my mitral valve but said it's nothing he's concerned about at all, and that everything else is perfectly fine. My blood pressure was really high and he said he's 90% its due to whitecoat hypertension, but me being the person that I'am I'm doing everything possible (decreasing salt, inc potassium, cardio, fruits, magnesium supplement etc) to bring my blood pressure down just in case if I do have real hypertension. My family doesn't have any history of early heart disease. But yet I can't stop my anxiety over heart attacks and high blood pressure, any advice guys? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline tblaiir

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »
 I have the same fear and i'm only 15 years old :( i've been to the heart doctor 3 times and got tons of test done and everything came back 100% healthy but i'm still terrified :( any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline london23

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 06:43:00 PM »
im 24 and this is something that bothers me too..i think its linked to depressive thoughts about death and all that..in my case anyway thats what i feel its related to
Bookmark and Share
If my advice has helped you then please leave me a rec.

Offline bmxchad87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 07:12:51 PM »
I fear that too and I'm 25. If you stay active and eat healthy you won't have anything to worry about especially this young
Bookmark and Share

Offline rpisarenko

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »
Hi there,

I am 21 and I am in the same situation. I fear of getting a heart attack with every little pain and then it escalates into a whole anxiety attack. I live a healthy life style; going to the gym 4 times a week, 120lbs, eat healthy, quit smoking and drinking. It has been getting worse and worse and I have no idea what to do about it. I also work with patients who come out from a heart attack or surgery so I am around them all week, maybe that is just getting to my head.

I get a bunch of symptoms: heart palpitations, hands and legs get tingly, lips twitch, whole body loses control basically. Has anyone experienced similar symptoms?

It would be great if you can recommend something for me to include in my lifestyle that would ease this anxiety. Glad that we are all here to share and help each other.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Floridagal10

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 10:56:23 PM »
I am 26 and have this same fear.   i just try to remind myself that I am young and healthy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Laura48310

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 01:47:46 PM »
I have this fear often, but I'm not dead yet and if my husband let me go to the hospital every time I think I'm having one I'd be in some serious debt.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 01:06:09 AM »
I'm 23 & the exact same way. It's sad we're all so young and have to fear this. This should be the last thing on our mind :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 01:36:55 AM »
Just goes to show that evil anxiety knows no age barriers. At 31 I had several EKG's ran and even visited a cardiologist where they did a routine exam and an exercise stress test, all of which came back perfect. It's easy to underestimate the power of anxiety on your body. I know I did.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: