Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Today's the day  (Read 249 times)

Offline myWorldofWorry

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Today's the day
« on: March 07, 2013, 07:10:04 AM »
I have my rheumatologist's appointment this afternoon. I'm sick with fear. Thanks to all who have offered support. I can only hope it goes well. I hate uncertainty...
Bookmark and Share

Offline sassparella

• Queen of Health Anxiety
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Today's the day
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 07:39:56 AM »
Good luck with your appointment, I hope it all goes well for you I'm sure it'll be fine. Let us know how you got on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bev1234

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:09:39 PM »
Hope everything goes well. Praying for your outcome!
Bookmark and Share

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 01:38:31 PM »
I hope your appointment is informative and you are able to get an answer as to what's going on.  Please keep us posted.  Hugs to you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 04:42:04 PM »
I agree.  Awaiting your update.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline myWorldofWorry

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 07:51:12 PM »
Thank you for the support and kind words. The rheumatologist was very friendly and also thorough. She probably spent an hour with me, really listening to my concerns, going over my history, examining me, etc. Definitely not one of those docs that just pushes patients out the door.

Although she didn't have all my medical records, she didn't suspect scleroderma based on everything I shared with her. She did write up a script for a whole bunch of blood work, but said I don't need it done now and I should just try to stop worrying and enjoy my pregnancy. She said I could just get it done before coming back in about 6 to 7 months. She may repeat the pulmonary function test some day, too. But for now the only diagnosis she said that seemed to really fit me is fibromyalgia, and she explained the latest research and medical understanding of that condition.

My mother went with me, and she said she was so impressed by the doctor and could tell she was really knowledgeable and thorough, and also that she could tell the doc did not think I had what I fear. So, does that mean I am not worried about it at all anymore? Of course not - it's not that easy. I feel like I could have an anxiety attack just looking at the blood work script and the plethora of autoimmune labs on there, even though there is no urgency for me to have the tests right now.

In the meantime, I have to try to calm down and focus on my pregnancy and not my worst fears. I am in the process of trying to schedule cognitive behavioral therapy so I can learn how to handle these obsessive worries about my health. I should try to stay away from here since it feeds my need for reassurance seeking. We'll see how I do. But I did want to provide an update and thank all those who offered support.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 09:59:14 PM »
Your post sounds very hopeful.  Enjoy your pregnancy, like she said.  It sounds like you will be just fine. :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: