Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Symptoms driving me crazy... need to get it out there  (Read 309 times)

Offline Squeemy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Symptoms driving me crazy... need to get it out there
« on: March 02, 2013, 06:36:04 AM »
I'm feeling a little anxious over my anxious symptoms. I feel like a have something pressing on the side of my throat. The other night I had palpations which I assumed was good old anxiety looking for a way back in after being free for a short time. I have had this pressure in my head & can even feel my heart beat on one side of my neck. I had went to the GP after my palpations as I was worried about my new heart beat in the neck who took my BP & said 80/120 normal. He then sent me for an ECG which came back showing I had borderline low BP at 50 beats per minute.  I was anxious as to how the BP machine could differ so much from the ECG but my GP said that the ECG would be the most accurate & low blood pressure was likely causing the palpitation in my neck. I'm telling myself that its just anxiety again but it consumes my thoughts most of the day...

Anyone else get this?
Bookmark and Share
Worrying about the future won't change it, it will only change our joy in the present.

Offline coeus

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
Re: Symptoms driving me crazy... need to get it out there
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:45:19 AM »
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing those symptoms. It sounds as if that you're really monitoring the sensations that pop up in your body and there seems to be a lot of reassurance gathering and checking involved with your anxiety especially with the ECG. It can be really hard to let the health anxiety go and trust me, there's heaps of people out there who experience the same things too.

I personally have gone through a similar cycle with you with other health worries and constantly seeing my GP and checking my symptoms with myself. Fortunately though, I have gotten a handle on thoughts of that nature and changed my relationship with my body and mind for the better. You seem to have an awareness of the anxiety which is really good. Since you have this awareness, have you tried doing anything constructively with the thoughts and feelings?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Squeemy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Symptoms driving me crazy... need to get it out there
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 06:07:07 PM »
I usually do tell the anxiety to back off & ill get out for the day or do gardening but its just then ill feel the pain in my neck & it will remind me & all the anxious 'what if' thoughts come back & i get anxoius for a little bit. Id just like to go a day without thinking somethings medically wrong.

I don't think doctors would have jobs if it wasn't for people with anxiety issues  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share
Worrying about the future won't change it, it will only change our joy in the present.

Tags: