Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Shortness of breath...how does it feel?  (Read 1762 times)

Offline park682

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shortness of breath...how does it feel?
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 06:38:17 PM »
Man, this is what I'm going through! I have extreme PE fears and I've had on and off shortness of breath for a few weeks. My do toe have me an inhaler but I don't know if it's working...I normally run but now I have a hard time walking sometimes. I don't get it...my doctor said its anxiety but I get so scared. I always wondered if I was actually feeling SOB or not...
Bookmark and Share

Offline 3r1cR0c9

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • i'm not crazy just a little unwell...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 12:13:19 AM »
@park682 -- i can relate with PE fears :yes: my pulmo/cardio doctor won't work me up for CT scan because he said i belong to the low risk i.e. i don't smoke, i'm still 32 and with NO family history of a heart attack but i have shortness of breath ALL DAY EVERYDAY(or i don't know all i know it that it's there esp when i notice it)
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 09:54:08 AM »
How long have you had this shortness of breath? I think it's the length of the symptoms that scared the most...
Bookmark and Share

Offline 3r1cR0c9

Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 10:24:04 AM »
@park682 -- started November last year. I was brought to the ER for SOB and palpitations. All tests were clear. I don't know if it went away or i just didn't notice it but i was having MS fears end of November until December and my SOB was not very evident during that time. I think it came back last February so I had a chest xray, PFT(spirometry), holter & stress test. nothing was found. it came full blast again this March when i was having ALS fears but my neuro assured me that my SOB is not related to any neuro muscular disease. i also got a nerve and muscle test. all the doctors i've been to say it's anxiety and the doctor who did my EMG-NCV test told me that my muscles are so stiff & that i may want to look up hyperventilation syndrome. i know it sounds like real HA but the thing is I WANT IT TO GO AWAY but it doesn't and sometimes i feel it's getting worse. i get really scared. I want to go and see my pulmo doctor again but i've been going back and forth to my doctors(neuro, cardio & pulmo), have seen at least 25 doctors in the span of 5 months and all they say is that it's anxiety and told me to exercise. :traurig001: i do have mild gastritis, 1.5 haital hernia, dextroscoliosis S form 29deg upper/11deg lower, straightening of the cervical lordosis due to muscle spasms and sinusitis that i believe aggravates my SOB. i am not in denial that this is merely HA but it i believe it has become more frequent and i can't help but worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »
I hate it too...I am so scared to do almost anything. I want to workout like I use to but I'm scared of the SOB. My doctors said it's anxiety, but it doesn't happen when I'm having a panic attack but just when I'm doing normally things. I don't have it all the time every now and then. I'm just so nervous it's a PE or lung cancer
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 08:33:08 PM »
Mines really bothering me today. I've deep breathing and yawning all day!
Bookmark and Share

Offline playmaker093

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 10:03:48 PM »
I, too, suffer from this.  Besides deep breathing and yawning nearly every moment, do you guys have any other symptoms that accompany this.  I got chest discomfort which makes me feel like I need to yawn as well as generalized tightness everywhere from my chest up.  Any of you guys have the same?
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 12:44:04 AM »
Yes! I get that too....my chest feels tight along with all the breathing issues. Very annoying.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 3r1cR0c9

Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 08:44:04 AM »
@park682 -- I totally understand you!!! I went to the dentist today. the clinic was located on the 3rd floor and there was no elevator so i was a little worried what if i don't reach the 3rd floor and explode but i did reach the 3rd floor and i felt a little fine then just after a few minutes after while seated in the clinic waiting for my turn i felt uneasy with SOB :( then while the dentist was cleaning my teeth(i am terrified of the instruments esp the sound) i was in total panic and i was holding my breath but for some reason being in that panic mode -- NO SOB!!!  :question:

@playmaker093 -- yes i do have chest discomfort but not all the time. however my muscles seem to always be tight -- chest, shoulders, arms, back, neck and legs. also, i don't yawn instead i keep on burping.
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 08:03:46 PM »
What's the difference between anxiety SOB and bad SOB? I just want to know of this is anxiety...I just don't want to go to the doctor again (5th time since December). Every time I go there is a new symptom
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything