Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Military Deployment and Relationship OCD  (Read 426 times)

Offline Kifaye

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Military Deployment and Relationship OCD
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:48:46 PM »
Hello All,

So, i've recently been diagnosed with OCD. My OCD centers around my relationships. I'm engaged, and my fiancÚ is an officer in the navy. She may be getting deployed in three months and i'm really worried. At first, I had OCD thoughts about her cheating on me. After I told her how I was feeling, she comforted me and reassured me and I felt better for a while. Then, the thoughts switched to me cheating on her. I've never cheated before, but I've been cheated on.

The thought of cheating and ruining my relationship really scares me but I don't know how to make these thoughts go away. I tried to explain my OCD to her and I was honest about what I was thinking. Initially, I thought that she understood but now, i'm not so sure. Earlier tonight, (about a half hour ago), I told her that I was still afraid of these thoughts and she said "If you cheat on me, i'm leaving you, no questions about it." That really set me off! I know I don't have a right to be upset because she's right, I would do the same if she cheated on me. But, it was the fact that she's not understanding that it's my OCD that's causing me to have these thoughts and that it's torture for me.

So, how do I get these thoughts under control? And how do I help my fiancÚ understand what i'm going through? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Military Deployment and Relationship OCD
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 08:17:18 AM »
It is best to get some form of counseling, as no one likes to hear that their is
any potential of them getting cheated on, whether it is real or imagined.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.