Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Disability for Anxiety?  (Read 369 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Disability for Anxiety?
« on: February 06, 2013, 08:38:26 AM »
I know it's a long shot but anyone on disability for there anxiety disorder? I've missed work and plenty of things in last 8 years due to it. Any info would be great. Part time disability? I can work but some days I can't?
Bookmark and Share

Offline coeus

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
Re: Disability for Anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:49:28 AM »
I'm not sure about the legislation about disability in your country. A disability support pension might be available should you meet the criteria for the claiming those benefits. As for a job, this would be a question with your employer, their human resources department and their receptivity with changing your employment conditions. I would recommend speaking to free legal aid in regards to employment contracts and if an anxiety disorder can be regarded as a disability in setting flexible hours. This is most certainly a legal question.

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Twinhere

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 01:12:49 AM »
Depending on how bad it is you can in Texas anyway
Bookmark and Share

Offline lcfrogs

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 06:05:34 AM »
Hello,

I am on long-term disability for my anxiety. I am fortunate that I have two trusted professionals who know me really well and were able to give details to SSI about why my anxiety is so disabling. When I applied for disability, I was approved on the first try...but on average, people usually need to apply more than once before they finally get approved. So if you do apply, don't get discouraged if you don't get it on the first or even second try. It will definitely benefit you if you see a doctor and/or therapist who can increase your chances of getting disability.

I do not work, but I am allowed to work part-time and still receive benefits. SSI will give you a certain amount of money based on the number of hours you work. Also, if you decide you want to work full-time, SSI will help you transition from not working, to working part-time, to working full-time...they will slowly decrease your benefits until they feel you do not need their help anymore.

Oh, and if you don't earn disability the first time you apply for it...I would recommend getting a lawyer.

Hope this helps  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

"Just breathe, it will be okay"- my best friend

<3 LC

Offline Jules1963

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 07:46:13 PM »
I'm on disability right now for my anxiety/depression. I'm a nurse and I feel like I would not be able to work safely at the moment. My concentration is really bad and decision making skills are not as they should be right now. This happened to me 4 years ago and I was on disability for a couple of months then. I'm in California by the way.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: