Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Pulse in neck :(  (Read 3040 times)

Offline jcp

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Pulse in neck :(
« on: December 16, 2007, 10:19:05 PM »
Does anyone notice their pulse bounding in their neck when they look in the mirror?  I know its probably because I am extra tense, my neck is all tight and I am nervous.  But its really making me worry.  It just throbs in my neck and I can't help but watch it!
I think I am overly sensitive because I found out I have a slight mitral valve prolapse, which I know is very common and not harmful, but I am right back to the heart worries again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bcrazy

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pulse in neck :(
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 08:38:35 AM »
I'm also having the whole heart thing again except this time my chest doesn't hurt. It's my neck. The front of my neck. Where my main arteries are. I get sharp pains right there and then I freak out. I keep trying to feel something but can't get past the EXTREME heart beat i feel.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ymir

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 09:19:24 AM »
Just remember your heart isn't in your neck. No matter how hard a part of your body may be throbbing, it doesn't mean your heart is beating equally as hard. This includes parts of your body around the heart. Most palpitations aren't your actual heart but the muscles and/or nerves around it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jcp

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 10:18:45 AM »
Mine seems to hurt where the arteries are too.  I am trying to tell myself it is how I am sleeping and my neck is strained. But I don't really know. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline bcrazy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 02:16:54 PM »
Ok..so i broke down and went to the doctor. He felt me all over (that doesn't sound good) and I have NO swollen lymph nodes or anything unusual. He gave me an antibiotic just in case I have an infection (had some drainage) and told me if it didn't go away, he would schedule me a CT on my neck! Hmm..don't really want ANOTHER CT SCAN!! Anyway, hopefully its in my head!...or my neck! I hate it though. It really hurts at times! It actually feels like my neck is gonna explode! Plus I am having severe muscle spasms in it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jcp

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 02:50:37 PM »
Did he say anything about why you would see your pulse in your neck?  Is it normal?
Bookmark and Share

Offline blondie

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 03:14:33 PM »
I had that pulsating in the neck to. I did ask my dr about it and he said it was not any reason to be scared. I can't remember what it was caused from tho. I noticed it more when I was stressed, but after he told me that, it hasn't bothered me once!
Bookmark and Share

Offline itsmeesindee

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 03:29:02 PM »
Could your neck be hurting from muscle tension?  People like us with anxiety issues often suffer from a lot of muscle tension.

Cin
Bookmark and Share

Offline jcp

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 06:37:16 PM »
Yes I do think its muscle tension, it comes and goes...I'm more worried about seeing my pulse in my neck :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline bcrazy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 09:23:18 PM »
The doc thought he'd be funny and say "wouldn't you rather feel a pulse in your neck than nothing at all?"  FREAKING hilarious!...so he thought.
It could be muscle tension. It's just weird that I've never had it in the front like this! The spasms are weird feeling!! Anyway, I want it to go away!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jcp

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 11:20:29 PM »
Yeah sounds like my doctor, if you thought you were so funny why didn't you go to clown school doc?  Not funny.  I'm just trying to ignore it and see if it goes away. :(  Good luck
Bookmark and Share

Tags: