Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello :) Sort of new here.  (Read 111 times)

Offline AndromedaWay

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello :) Sort of new here.
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:54:32 PM »
Hello :)

I'm ridiculously familiar with this forum because I've always come and searched for help when in the midst of a panic, but it finally occurred to me that registering and actively participating might be a good idea too!

A few bits and pieces, then:

I'm 26, married and work from my UK home as a writer. I have a chronic nerve problem so have limited mobility. I was officially diagnosed with OCD (primary) and Heath Anxiety (secondary) in 2004, but looking back even to childhood behaviour I always exhibited symptoms of excess worrying. I'm lucky to have a supportive husband and a great GP.

I'm classified as 'severe' and my OCD is considered treatment refractory; I've tried the meds (so, so, so many meds) with only small success. I've had the therapy: CBT, psychiatry, and now I'm trying dynamic psychotherapy as I had... not the nicest of childhoods... and my doctors think that might have something to do with the issues I experience.

Like most, I've had periods when I've been okay and periods when I'm not so much okay. Right now, and particularly the last six months, have been Bad. Capital required :) Over the years I learnt plenty of coping methods that allowed me to muddle through, but a particularly bad scare in the summer of last year reduced all of that to dust.

I'm basically starting over. I've finally acknowledged my existing methods aren't working; I guess in a way I'd like to use this forum to keep myself honest. It's so easy to fall down the rabbit hole with checking and the like, but I'm desperate to get back to the semi-cope-able way I was this time last year.

I'm excited to actually participate in the forum and hopefully get to know you guys as I try this next phase of moving on with these disorders.

xxx
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello :) Sort of new here.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.

All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: