Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of everything  (Read 217 times)

Offline sassparella

• Queen of Health Anxiety
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared of everything
« on: January 15, 2013, 03:02:38 AM »
Hi,

I usually post on the health anxiety forums but realised recently that I'm actually scared of a lot more. I fear death, driving, social situations, public transport, people, I obsess over things going wrong such as applying for a new passport I worry that the documents I send will be lost in the post. I make up little scenarios about everything that I can be anxious about and consequently spend most of my life in a state of anxiety.

Anyone else suffer like this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bamboo31

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of everything
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 11:14:09 AM »
You are not alone; I also suffer as you do.

I worry about the biggies-death, illness, tragedy, but also silly things that I think most people would find ridiculous. I HATE to do anything for the first time or learn something new.  I replay conversations I've had with people to review whether I said something stupid.  If I said something dumb, I can obsess over it for days.  It's hard for me to do the simplest of tasks; I need everything to be perfect.  I resist driving anywhere new.  If I must, I take someone with me to preview the route before I need to go.  Social situations are painful, and I avoid them. 

I know this condition will always be present in my life.  Looking at the big picture is not beneficial to me.  I am making an effort to just enjoy little snippets of time-a good glass of wine, a movie.  Exercise is also really important.  I also spend a great deal of time in an anxious state, so I try spend as much time doing the things I find most relaxing. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline angielee

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:59:37 AM »
Me and and it frustrates me I use to be so carefree and find im scared of soo many things now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sassparella

• Queen of Health Anxiety
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 08:28:56 PM »
Yes it is very frustrating and ruins quality of life. I just wish I could be normal I feel envious when I see people going about their day without a care in the world and wish that could be me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline andidroi

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 08:38:15 PM »
With a lot of work and often a therapist's help you can work through those problems. I've made a lot of progress. I still have bad days (and weeks, and sometimes MONTHS!) so I'm not "normal" by any means, but who is?? Learning to focus on things you enjoy can really change your quality of life. It just really does take a lot of work. A lot of talking to yourself. "No, I'm going to stop thinking about that because it's dumb. And there's nothing I can do about it. But I can make sure I get to the store and get the things I need. Okay. Going to the store now."

- Just learn how to hide that in public  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline cheeseflavoredpudding

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Anxiety is part of creativity, the need to get som
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 09:08:12 PM »
First of all, no you are so not alone. When you say "normal" people going about your day, I understand how we often feel abnormal, however, don't think like that. Think that you BELONG where you are at every moment in time. I know it is difficult, and yes, your overall quality of life may be terrible, but it WILL get better. I myself am having a very hard time right now, and I often feel that life is not worth the effort, but then i realize that I am in no immediate danger when I am in my daily routine. Having a safety net/zone is great, but sometimes, we have to take a flying leap out of it in order to improve. I am so sorry for you, and trust me, I feel your pain. There is no solution to anxiety, and there is no easy way to do this, but you obviously are very smart because you have taken the steps of looking at your issues and trying to find a way to solve them.
Bookmark and Share
:)

Tags: