Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cipralex/Lexapro/Escitalopram - What symptoms to expect and ignore?  (Read 920 times)

Offline DanDBSTS

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi,
I've had hypochondria for over a year, I had CBT treatment which so far helped me a lot with the anxiety.
In the last two weeks I had a significant increase in the levels of my HA, I went to a psychiatrist and was prescribed 5 mg Cipralex for now to take before bedtime, I took my first one just now.
Because I read about so many side effects and body sensations caused by this antidepressant, I wanted to make a list of them so that I can refer to it each time a symptom makes me anxious.
Anyone who was on Escitalopram (Cipralex/Lexapro) post here your symptoms.
 :sign0092:
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 126
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cipralex/Lexapro/Escitalopram - What symptoms to expect and ignore?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 06:30:58 AM »
Are you sure this is wise? IME, knowing the side-effects is a 'good' way of ensuring you'll experience them all. Being pill-phobic I still have my pharmacist remove the data sheets from my drugs, even thought I could probably list them all from memory. Ignorance, even pretense of ignorance can be bliss. The bottom line on this is that while side-effects can be unpleasant, they don't cause any actual harm.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline kmwondering

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cipralex/Lexapro/Escitalopram - What symptoms to expect and ignore?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
I agree with Ian. For me, I simply assess how I feel, if it a minor abrasion I continue with my day, if it were major (I haven't had any with lexapro, I did years ago with Paxil) I would call my doctor for advice. "Preparing" for them beforehand seems like a recipe for creating side effects that might not have ever happened ha one not read about them.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: